My Ativ SE stuck at boot logo whenever i reboot with microsd card inserted.

j0hnd03lllqqousa

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
My Ativ SE stuck at the Samsung boot logo whenever i reboot it with my Sandisk Class 10 32GB microsd card inside. If i reboot it without the card, it's fine. I already flashed the stock rom, did multiple hard resets but none works. I put my sister's 4GB class 4 microsd card in and it rebooted just fine. The thing that boggles my mind is my card is brand new, bought a month ago while my sister card is an old one. I put my card into a USB reader and ran error check test on Windows and it found none. I'm currently on 8.1.

UPDATE: I flashed the phone with stock 8.0 (not update to 8.1), rebooted with microsd inside and everything went fine, it didn't stuck at the Samsung logo. Weird. So this definitely must be a software error. As soon as i updated to 8.1, the problem occurred again.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
My Ativ SE stuck at the Samsung boot logo whenever i reboot it with my Sandisk Class 10 32GB microsd card inside. If i reboot it without the card, it's fine. I already flashed the stock rom, did multiple hard resets but none works. I put my sister's 4GB class 4 microsd card in and it rebooted just fine. The thing that boggles my mind is my card is brand new, bought a month ago while my sister card is an old one. I put my card into a USB reader and ran error check test on Windows and it found none. I'm currently on 8.1.

UPDATE: I flashed the phone with stock 8.0 (not update to 8.1), rebooted with microsd inside and everything went fine, it didn't stuck at the Samsung logo. Weird. So this definitely must be a software error.

ATIV SE - one of the best Windows phones ever!!! So underrated and unappreciated!

j0hnd03lllqqousa

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Underrated, no. It got favorable reviews. Unappreciated, absolutely. It wasn't a Lumia so therefore it sucked.

Samsung left me with a bad taste in my mouth with this phone by abandoning it after just 1 major OS update. Now i'm stuck with stock 8.0 because that's the OS version that can i reboot the phone without being stuck at the Samsung logo. Nothing more but a glorified mp3 player now and i paid full price at launch. Should have went with a Lumia.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Samsung left me with a bad taste in my mouth with this phone by abandoning it after just 1 major OS update. Now i'm stuck with stock 8.0 because that's the OS version that can i reboot the phone without being stuck at the Samsung logo. Nothing more but a glorified mp3 player now and i paid full price at launch. Should have went with a Lumia.

I'm sorry about your SD card issues, that's weird. As for updates, unless you have an iPhone, carriers dictate update terms. Verizon is infamous for update distribution.

If it makes you feel any better, my "flagship from 2016" S7 Edge shipped with Android 6.0 and has only seen an update to 7.0. Nougat 7.1 is never coming out and Oreo is a rumor. Oh and by the way, it's a factory unlocked model - no carrier branding.

j0hnd03lllqqousa

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
I'm sorry about your SD card issues, that's weird. As for updates, unless you have an iPhone, carriers dictate update terms. Verizon is infamous for update distribution.

If it makes you feel any better, my "flagship from 2016" S7 Edge shipped with Android 6.0 and has only seen an update to 7.0. Nougat 7.1 is never coming out and Oreo is a rumor. Oh and by the way, it's a factory unlocked model - no carrier branding.

Oh yeah, i recently read a post over at androidcentral's forum about the Unlocked S7 or S7 Edge yesterday receiving no updates and confusing support from Samsung and carriers. People are saying even Samsung Customer Service don't even know that Samsung sell the unlocked model in the U.S. I guess it's just Samsung being Samsung and fragmentation of Android being the cluster f* as it has always been.

Sorry to hear about your situation too, things like these happen makes me really want to go back to simpler times when the most cutting edge tech i have was a click wheel iPod.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre