Voice Activated Commands using a bluetooth headset

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to share a great solution that I have found for listening to music and using my phone (voice and text) while cycling

1) I purchased an LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset
2) Using Hey DJ or Voice Music apps

Allows me to receive and answer calls and texts hands-free while listening to music and then have my music resume once I am done using the phone.

This way I can have my phone in a pouch on my bike and still control everything via Bluetooth.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you found this to work. It will be useful for a lot of people who like to listen to music via Bluetooth as well as use Bluetooth for calls.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use one of these to stream Pandora while I work in the yard. Blocks out part of the noise of the mower/trimmer, and since I have a high-powered wifi router in my attic, I can pick up the wifi on my entire lot (0.6 acres). I have to turn the mower off to talk to the phone, but hey - without this I wouldn't even know if I was getting a phone call or a text.

If I'm working closer to the house, I use the JBL Power-Up speaker. Very nice sound for such a small package. I just wish it had a handle - I move it around quite a bit, and it's just a bit too big to just grab with one hand and go. A handle would make it perfect. Or - if someone would make a case for it with a handle.... :wink:

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My $20 Bluetooth headset from wal mart will activate Cortana, all you have to do is hold the call button for 2 secs. Even pauses music for voice commands/texts/phone calls and resumes automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes