928 going back :(

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
We do military stuff and I believe we have the one of the top most secure system in the market. And yet EAS is EAS, it supports my 920 out of the box.

According to Microsoft there is a flaw in WP8 that if the policy "Require Encryption on Storage Card" is enabled, your WP8 device will not sync. So if your device is syncing, maybe you're not as secure as you think. :)

When the policy parameter Require Encryption on Storage Card is enabled, Windows Phone 8 devices misreport the presence of an SD card, even if the device has no SD card slot. The policy enforcement occurs, provisioning fails, and the device cannot be synchronized.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've also been using a Z10 since launch which includes myself setting up a BB10 environment so I can retire BES5 and get the few remaining Blackberry users over to the new system. It's not a bad OS, but it doesn't even come close to comparing with how easy WP8 is to use, not by a long shot. The current Verizon version of the Z10 randomly reboots non-stop, which will be fixed when they finally get around to releasing 10.1.

Sure, you can blame the lack of 10.1 on Verizon, but same goes for lack of group messaging on Verizon WPs. BB10 is just not very intuitive to use. For us smartphone power users, we can figure out, but for our users who's jobs are not in IT, they will struggle trying to figure it out.

What an anal statement. The z10 is such a brilliant phone you'd be surprised at how good it is. The fact that people actually put up with Windows Phone is rather laughable. I mean... 2103 and you can't even group message??? smh. I'm not surprised Windows PHone has been ignored for those to get BBM when released cross platform. Whatsapp on Windows Phone sucks compared to z10 and lets not even start on the Skype issue.

You need to wake up dude and not be blinded by fanboysm.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
wp7 works in a corporate environment on eas whereas wp8 has the sd card storage encryption policy bug (officially acknowledged by ms) bc from what I read wp7 supports no encryption whatsoever. completely ignores the policies lol so you can view your emails but they aren't encrypted in any way. ms needs to allow wp8s without expandable storage to ignore this policy and they need to implement something baked into the os like nitro touchdown on android for the phones with expandable storage so they don't get rejected by an sd card security policy.

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with our IT department today and they said WP8 has the encryption bug described so they recommenced the Good app. I plugged this in and actually worked although the native EAS is much better.

daviddsims

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes the app name is Good. Our IT department issues a pin number and you enter your email address and it connects. It works fairly well but I still favor the Exchange Server over the App.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
There's another thread going right now where a 928 user on Verizon has group messaging. It might be worth waiting to see if someone can find a way to replicate his success for others. If that's the only reason for a return at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes