wav voicemail file

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Has there been any movement on the ability to play wav files. I get them from my work email as a .wav attachment on my 928 says "Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone" when I try to open the attachment. I spotted several other threads where people say forward the message to phoneconvert.com for file conversion. As someone who manages IT in the Enterprise I can tell you I would never recommended forwarding confidential voicemails to an outside service.

I'm hoping someone has figured out a way to play .wav files natively on the 928 otherwise I'm going to have a take it back and stick with the S4. It has no problem playing wav files.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
This may not be feasible but did find it while looking around.

[h=3]IT Fix for Unsupported Wav Files[/h]If you want a more permanent solution you need to contact your IT department or your service provider to make system change in their online voice mail service. Like I said before, I had it done and it works fine, but it might be a battle with your cable provider you can’t win.
Your IT department has to change the following settings in their PBX system.
Original recording format = PCM MU-LAW (G.711)
New recording format = Linear PCM
Once they have changed this format in their system, all your incoming voice mail by email on your Windows Phone 8 will be supported.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
We looked into changing the wav file encoding, PCM Linear is 16k per second of voicemail, or around 1MB per minute. G711 is only 8k, so half that. Microsoft has said they will fix it, but just not when. I was hoping GDR2 has it. I probably should ask some 925 users, eh?

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
We cannot change our wav file type in our phone system so it appears I'm SOL for voicemail to email. Too bad as the camera on this phone provides a ton more pic detail than the S4 I'm playing with. That and its lag free. Even with all that processor the S4 gets choppy from time to time. And compared to the S4 touchwiz the win 8 interface is so easy to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit