iPhone Convert

robertino23

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I broke my iPhone recently. When I went to the Verizon store I had a choice: iPhone 5, or a non-iOS phone. I was drawn to the Windows Phone section of the store, and fell in love with the Lumia 928. I've had it for about three weeks now and I love it. I honestly think that it's better than an iPhone. My only complaint is that the Windows Phone Store doesn't have many official apps, like Instagram, Snapchat, and Vine. However I heard Vine is on the way! I'm a patient person, so I don't really mind. The phone is amazing, and from what I've seen the Windows Phone community is awesome:) So, just saying hi and hoping everyone is doing well.

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, WP8 may be a wee bit short on official apps, however, it is not short on excellent 3rd party apps. Check out 6sec (an amazing Vine client), Instance (which will be updated in the coming week or two with support for video and new features), and well, we had SwapChat (which was a pretty good Snapchat client) but was just pulled for API violations. But Snapchat is also being worked on by other developers and should also hopefully have an official app in the pipeline, just like there is for many of the recent apps announced at Nokia's Zoom event (e.g. Path, Flipboard, Oggl, etc.). Now is a good time to be a Windows Phone user, and it only continues to get better. But definitely check out 6sec. I beta tested it since early June and it is truly a spectacular application.

Also, don't forget to check out TVShow, TeamViewer, the latest HERE Drive and Map updates, Go To, Metrotube, Collector (Flipboard alternative), Rain Alarm, Flixter, MetroRadio(Pandora equivalent), Yelp, 6.27AM, GasBuddy (lets you pin local gas stations to keep an eye on local prices), MyRadar Weather Radar, SkyMotion, Wikipedia, and Weather Flow(or Amazing Weather HD). Those are just a few of the nice apps that you can get on Windows Phone, with experiences you will not find on any other platform. I can list more, but I'd have to know if you'd be interested in knowing now or finding them out yourself. ;) For that reason alone, you could also check out App Highlights Social, but as a person heavily invested in the Windows Phone ecosystem, I can say that I have a pretty good idea of which apps are the most useful and unique. Let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The app situation is far better, which is great for many people.

Hopefully more and more compelling apps come to Windows Phone and make it a more proper and solid third choice in the Smartphone market.

Anyways, Welcome to WP Central and i hope you enjoy your Lumia 928. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon