amber update on the 520

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Found this:

All Lumia devices will get some form of Smart Camera, but some devices (e.g. the Nokia Lumia 520) do have a less powerful camera and so some functionality may be excluded. Similarly, some experiences may be optimised for the lower specification devices (Lumia 520, 620, and 720). No final decisions on what, if any, restrictions will be applied, has yet been made, as the Nokia development team is still working on optimising the app.

wpp8fan

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Found this:

All Lumia devices will get some form of Smart Camera, but some devices (e.g. the Nokia Lumia 520) do have a less powerful camera and so some functionality may be excluded. Similarly, some experiences may be optimised for the lower specification devices (Lumia 520, 620, and 720). No final decisions on what, if any, restrictions will be applied, has yet been made, as the Nokia development team is still working on optimising the app.

so whats about glance screen

longnd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
[INFO]
FAQ - Why I cannot find the Nokia Glance Screen on my Lumia with Windows Phone 8?

You need to wait for a Nokia Lumia Amber update, it will become available to the existing Nokia Lumia range on Windows Phone 8 as an over-the-air update. Once you have Lumia Amber update, you will receive a notification in Store about Display+touch app update and then you need accept it. You can control the Nokia Glance screen from a pane in the Display+touch section of the Settings menu.

Due to hardware restrictions Nokia Glance will not be available for Nokia Lumia 520 and 521.

[/INFO]
Source: NOKIA

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I wish Lumia 520 will have an glance screen update too. Even the newly released Nokia Asha 501 which is half the price of 520 has an glance screen in it, then why not Lumia 520 -_-. Lumia 520 and 720 has the same display, so display may not be an restriction.