MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
What color camera grip did they send you? If it was black that may be the only color they are sending out for online orders. Would be curious if anyone gets a color other than black that they didn't get from the store.

TemjinC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
What color camera grip did they send you? If it was black that may be the only color they are sending out for online orders. Would be curious if anyone gets a color other than black that they didn't get from the store.

I will let you know when I get home

EDIT: Mine is black too

Last edited:

AllanUSC

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I GOT IT!!

Mine is a black phone with a matching grip.

Now on to the next challenge: trying to get the MS Store to give me the $50 gift card that the website says comes with every new Windows Phone 8 on contract.

See this link.

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know whether the gift card code received from MS for delayed or cancelled order would expire? If so, when will it expire?

I have not figured out what to buy from MS store yet. Thinking to hold the code and see if anything new coming soon. But certainly don't want to waist it.

Thanks.

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up to others who might be in a similar situation: I found out today that the microsoft store will only ship the phone to your billing address. I am buying the phone off-contract and my order had an exclamation next the order validation for the past few weeks. However, under status it said "approved, awaiting inventory" so I figured I was ok. Just to be safe I contacted a chat representative this morning and was ensured everything was fine and they were only waiting for inventory. Then later in the day I was notified that there was a problem, that my shipping and billing address needed to match.

I'm in the same situation, my company is trying to order me one.
I have a Green Check next to "Order Validation" and the Status says "Shipping".
I'm afraid they are going to cancel the order before it actually ships. (Such as stupid policy)

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
so this is ridiculous, but after a 3 tries the last chat agent cancelled my order, despite my protests that it just be held until my billing address on my credit card was updated by the card company. Complete insanity. Its like they don't want me to give them my money.

I must have been lucky, because my order got through and shipped! I'll have a 1020 by the end of the day.

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Is there any chance that they've changed the policy. I want to order from Microsoft Store but i got canceled once because my shipping address and billing address not match. :unhappysweat:

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there any chance that they've changed the policy. I want to order from Microsoft Store but i got canceled once because my shipping address and billing address not match. :unhappysweat:
From everything I read, that is there policy. Specifically, its a policy of Simplexity, the company that Microsoft contracts with to place wireless orders.

In case this helps anyone:
I put my shipping address in both places of the order screen...then when the credit card fail to authorize, I was given the chance to edit my billing address, which I did and the order went through.

I either just got lucky, or found out a way to slip passed there security check.

Also, I had overnight shipping which gave them less time to catch it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon