Are there risks to have a developer device?

DonnaxNL

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I was searching for a new Nokia Lumia on a 'used-products shop' and found a Lumia 820 for an affordable price.
But after asking for the hardware information (photo of the information), I saw it is a developer device.

Are there any risks to have a developer device?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, warranty could be problematic and then I think they sorta fall somewhere inbetween when it comes down to updates that often come in stages to different carriers/devices. I havnt heard about a developer device though that wouldn't have gotten the update, but it seems quite random when the updates come to them, as opposed to fe. all ATT devices getting it around the same time-kind of thing.

Good thing is that I believe they are baseline unlocked and are capable of multiple frequencies etc (as opposed to just fe. ATT supported frequencies), but it sorta depends where you are from whether this makes any difference. For example phones sold in Finland are all pretty much baseline unlocked and support the wide variety of frequencies/bands.

DonnaxNL

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Warrenty is no problem, since it's an American device, and I live in the Netherlands (Dutch language can be chosen, so I don't mind).
Only want to know if there are restrictions for developer devices, like updates.

Here's the device information:
WP_20130723_001-pub.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes