Lumia 1020 Wireless Charging Shell

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Got it from Microsoft store. Can not get it to consistently charge. I'm very frustrated as I moved up from the 920 and have three of the standing charge plates (one for work, one for office, one for bedroom). Wife only needs one, and now appears the other two are wasted... I hate wired charging.

I had this issue. Have you tried gently pulling the wire connector prongs? That seemed to resolve the issue for me.

cdodgela

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Got it from Microsoft store. Can not get it to consistently charge. I'm very frustrated as I moved up from the 920 and have three of the standing charge plates (one for work, one for office, one for bedroom). Wife only needs one, and now appears the other two are wasted... I hate wired charging.

There are a couple of other threads regarding charging cover issues. Seems that some are experiencing this problem as you are and I did.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the charging cover in my local Microsoft Store. So far, I'm impressed. It evens out the camera hump in the back, protecting the camera when you set it down on a hard surface and it doesn't have any issues charging. It also doesn't add enough bulk to be a concern, at least not to me. It's nice being able to simply set my phone down and charge it now.

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just received a shipping notice from the order I placed on amazon. Luckily I was able to secure it for $26. It seems the price is back up again.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just received a shipping notice from the order I placed on amazon. Luckily I was able to secure it for $26. It seems the price is back up again.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Ordered 2 myself even though I haven't got a 1020 yet, got a spare just in case and should be shipping anytime as well. :)

Giac88

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had the wireless cover scratch the sides of the phone where it clips on? A tiny particle must have got stuck in between the case and the housing, scratching the bottom right corner EVER so slightly. Honestly, it's not even visible unless you point the light at it at a certain angle, however I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Michael Spencer

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
  1. Gonna get one, put it onto 1020.
  2. Tether unlimited 4G data contract.
  3. Download Connectify. Combine Broadband & 4G.
  4. Put 1020 onto Wireless charging mat.
  5. Enjoy superfast home broadband. :cool:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the yellow shell from amazon a few weeks back. They pulled the listing, and left only the black. Well, I just got an email saying my yellow case was preparing to ship, and will be here on Friday. I'll be interested to see what shows up.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You've got to be ****ting me, the effing charging shell almost never works without adjusting it on the back of the phone. Anybody else having this issue?
I've pried the contacts out a little too.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
You've got to be ****ting me, the effing charging shell almost never works without adjusting it on the back of the phone. Anybody else having this issue?
I've pried the contacts out a little too.
I've noticed this. Not sure if it's the contacts or something else though. Case in point, I've had problems with the Stand and a third party Qi plate. But then the CR-200 works flawlessly without changing a thing. I then bring it back inside and the plates work again. It's kind of random though.

Something tells me it could be a software glitch and not the backplates.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's random because it seems like the shell is on and the contacts are touching. But...it seems to work always if I give the shell a little jiggle so I'm confused. I'm really bummed and hope to get to the bottom of this soon. Thx for sharing Dan;)
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, are you all using skin protectors on the back of the device? I have similar results with the charger (kind of finnicky and needs to be shifted sometimes before it will work) and I have a Zagg skin on the front and back of the device.

I wish the shells (both the wireless charger and camera grip) didn't pull on the edges of the back skin, I have a feeling I'm going to end up pulling it off so I can use these accessories without always worrying about it when I remove the shells.

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Be aware that the charging coils are much lower on this shell than they are on the Lumia 920 or 820. Look at the phones quick guide book it has a diagram displaying the charging area. Therefore on a charging stand or even pad you have to move the phone slightly up in order to acquire a connection. It is easy to loose a connection if it isn't perfectly aligned. The charging pad is a better option because it has three charging coils covering the entire surface area, now iam not sure about the stand.

shaddup

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been having problems with wireless charging. I had to open up the holes on the phone to ensure constant contact with the cover.

Now, I'm getting random lockups when I place or remove the phone from the charger. While charging, the clock and flashing battery charge indicator will be displayed. I can double tap the screen and move around the phone. I'll let it re-lock and remove it from the charger. Now the phone is stuck with the glance screen on and there is no response from any button or screen tap. After a minute or so, the phone reboots. I'll get the same thing when putting the phone on the charger. I finish using my phone, lock the screen and place it on the charger. The clock is stuck on the screen, I don't get a charging notification and the phone becomes non-responsive. It will reboot after a minute or two.

It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen enough to make it annoying.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Well....I've heard enough stories to say I'm not "investing" in a charging shell or a charging plate until I hear things are working better. While I really, really enjoy my move from my Pre 3 to the Lumia 1020, I do miss the wireless charging. :eck:

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
My yellow shipped from Amazon. Secured it for $26. I noticed that the "bad connection" that you're all referring absolutely has to do with the placement of the 1020 on the charging plate. It really does have to be a little higher than the 920. I'm very happy to have wireless charging back and also happy that the corners of the 1020 are protected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes