Turn off sound when plugging the charger in

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
No there is not a direct way to go it. You can put the device in silent mode but that will stop all sounds not just the plug in sound

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I may just be close minded, but why do many people find this an issues, the chime isn't that alarming and it last about a second. I'm just wondering?

Dr Weasel

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It's not life threatening, but if you have your charger next to your bed, and you share that bed with a light sleeper, it can be fairly aggravating to wake them up when there's no need for the alert to sound. After all, the battery charging indicator on the phone will display a couple of seconds after it's on the charger, so a chime isn't necessary to tell you that you've put the phone in place correctly.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I may just be close minded, but why do many people find this an issues, the chime isn't that alarming and it last about a second. I'm just wondering?
I actually like the chime sound. I also liked the unplug sound the Nokia's had before the last update. But since it was so delayed I understand them removing it.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

My wife works early shifts sometimes and I use my phone as my alarm. So when I go to bed and plug my phone in the sound wakes her up. It doesn't matter that it isn't alarming and only lasts about a second. It's enough to wake her.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
It's not life threatening, but if you have your charger next to your bed, and you share that bed with a light sleeper, it can be fairly aggravating to wake them up when there's no need for the alert to sound. After all, the battery charging indicator on the phone will display a couple of seconds after it's on the charger, so a chime isn't necessary to tell you that you've put the phone in place correctly.

oh, ok. I was just wondering because I've never woke my spouse, or any family for that matter, but I figured that was the reason. Just wanted to know.

Extraneus

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
If you plug in and unplug your phone several times an hour in an open office space, you're gonna get pretty unpopular pretty quickly...!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss