Unlock phone when screen is broken

epowers007

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, need a little help. Droppped and cracked my screen at a concert last night (blows) and the screen doesn't work now, but I have insurance.

Here is the tricky part, I want to get into the phone to backup the pictures and videos I took last night (turned WiFi off to save battery so they didn't backup to SkyDrive yet). When I plug the phone into my laptop, it does pull up the new Windows Phone App, BUT THE PHONE IS LOCKED!

Any Idea's?

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's another way of trying to unlock your phone without using the touch screen, but maybe try pressing and holding the camera button at the lock screen and trying to sync.

If that doesn't work (I have no idea if it would work or not), assuming your phone doesn't have a PIN, restart your phone and it will automatically be unlocked and will take you to the Start screen.

If you have a PIN, hopefully you can take out your SD card and copy the files straight from there!

IF not.......... Your last workaround I can think of right now is to recall if you touched the setting to automatically upload your pictures to SkyDrive. If you didn't touch that setting or remember auto-upload turned on, great! Just sign in to SkyDrive and download from there!

epowers007

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah pressing the Camera button and lock button did not work. The 928 does not have a removable SD Card. I do have my videos and pictures automatically upload to Skydrive which is awesome, but I set it to upload only on WiFi for best Quality. But like a dummy I turned my Wifi off to save Battery life while at a concert, so I really did it to myself this time!

The phone does have a Pin to unlock the phone, so I guess the only glimmer of hope is that sometimes I can hear the pin password typing sounds, so I'm hoping I can unlock it and plug it in so view the files.

Thanks for the suggestions!

teke7272

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a windows 7 HTC phone which I have cracked the screen and the screen is busted and and the number 1 is located to put your passcode in to unlock your phone the screen is busted and Im unable to unlock my phone any ideas on how to unlock my phone

gatomanchado

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello!
Have you solve this problem?
My very old htc screen died and cant recover my numbers!!

any feedback much appreciated!
thanks!

Gurshaan Arora

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
If anyone needs to see their contacts because they were all in their phone (i did) simply go to the outlook website, sign in, and click on people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes