Lumia 920 no service

Chris Cheok

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so here is my issue. My nokia set is an unlocked Lumia 920 with a go phone AT&T number. As of Sunday afternoon, (July 28th) I couldn't receive any texts or calls on my phone. I could not send texts or call either. I changed my sim card twice in AT&T and still, no luck. I have done a hard reset, flashed my phone (RM-821) and restarted the phone and all the supplementary stuff. Another thing worth noting is that my phone does not restart when it fails to read the sim card, like some others have faced. All it does when I restart is that it will indicate that it is in airplane mode for a few seconds, then have no service. I have checked the airplane mode settings and it is not on at all.

I was on another thread that said that the Amber update would solve the problem but I have not managed to find any news that relates the two issues together.

My question is, I suppose with anyone else that is having the same issue is, how do I fix this? I have had the phone since May and loved the feel of the set and am forced to use my older phone, waiting for an update that may or may not fix the issue. I also do not wish to send the phone for repair, as it normally leads to more problems and my phone's warranty is voided within the US. So yeah, help would be great right about now.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Did it stop randomly or was it dropped? also do you have access to any other sims? as maybe the mast in your area might be down for maintenance or something. I had a similar issue with my L920 once and that was the first thing I checked - coincidentally both local masts were down... well one was dead and the other was having fits of up time and downtime - mostly down time.

Chris Cheok

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I did drop it a few times but they always have been soft drops unto carpets and such. Plus I have a pretty sturdy cover for it as well. It might have been that but I doubt it as I have suffered worse drops and it was fine. I tested my sim on two different phones and on my other phone the sim is working just fine. So I dunno what is the issue. Also on the other thread I noticed that a number of guys had the problems as early as two weeks before me. Another bloke had the problem since late June. I really think that it is the software and not hardware.

Last edited:

hamilton ontario

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My phone is locked to Rogers Canada
I have the same problem no service or emergency call. The simm card was swaped out the problem was not resolved.
Phone sent in for repair will have to wait 7-10 business days to see if it will be fixed. Received a loaner phone a blackberry phone

Chris Cheok

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear here... Is everyone on the 1314 update? or are you guys on the 1308 update like mine? I heard that it was supposed to be released somewhere in late April but the actual release was not mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes