820 hardware issues

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 820 a few months now and two problems have cropped up within the space of a few days. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same.

Firstly, the lens and flash "block" has started to lift from the phone. When I run my finger over the Carl Zeiss side I can feel the sharp edge of the block protruding above the smooth recess of the case. When I press it down it goes but then gradually returns, as if the bonding is not secure enough.

Secondly, I'm getting intermittent sound from my speaker. If I put pressure at the bottom if the phone, I get sound but eventually it will go again. This seemed to coincide with using a new USB cable which seemed a little stiff to insert. Could the socket have pushed on the speaker? So currently I hear no calls, alerts.. Nada.

So.. Not happy. I'm getting a replacement on Monday but anyone else had problems like this?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same thing with the lens cover and had it replaced.. for now, I removed the back cover, put transparent tape over it and snapped the back cover over it, it doesn't affect pictures and it presses it right to the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon