Amber Update

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
not really, just a rumors about August... It was said to become rolling out in Q3.

I'm sure Nokia said Amber would be on general release in July. It's now nearly half way through August...and still no general release for either GDR2 or its confusingly-bundled Amber from Nokia. Apple deserve credit for giving a definite release date for all users and - on the whole - sticking with it. I know Microsoft is dealing with lots of different carriers and hardware manufacturers, but these days an OS update should be geared towards users and not the behind the scenes problems for Redmond. And having it wrapped with Nokia's Amber confuses users even more.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure Nokia said Amber would be on general release in July. It's now nearly half way through August...and still no general release for either GDR2 or its confusingly-bundled Amber from Nokia. Apple deserve credit for giving a definite release date for all users and - on the whole - sticking with it. I know Microsoft is dealing with lots of different carriers and hardware manufacturers, but these days an OS update should be geared towards users and not the behind the scenes problems for Redmond. And having it wrapped with Nokia's Amber confuses users even more.

I have never heard that GDR2/Lumia Amber will be out in July. Just speculations and guesses. Only thing which leaked in early July is, that GDR2/Amber is being expected to hit Telstra's (Australian carrier) Lumia devices in 14th of August, but also it was stated below: IF IT WILL PASS CARRIER TEST. Assuming---> if it fails, release will be delayed. // I can agree that Microsoft was slow, but that happened due to unspecified problems experienced during testings with GDR2 (It was planned to be released a lot earlier!) GDR2 is already available to Samsung/HTC WP8 devices since 2weeks, so that means one thing - Nokia holds this update, with its Amber addition :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk