MS GDR2 / Nokia Amber Updates - Where's the fire???

Status
Not open for further replies.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
... Am I the only one who's not that excited or thrilled to see these updates come? I mean, no doubt it'll bring some better / good improvements to the device but where's the fire? LOL couldn't wait for OTA?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
... Am I the only one who's not that excited or thrilled to see these updates come? I mean, no doubt it'll bring some better / good improvements to the device but where's the fire? LOL couldn't wait for OTA?

Yes!
If double tap to unlock and glace and peek screens aren't exciting enough, the fix for Xbox music and over all smoothness (like one we had in WP7) is back!

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
haha.. i understand how others are excited but.. flashing it manually to your device could trigger stuff that may malfunction (just my 2 cents) whereas OTA could be well worth the wait.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
haha.. i understand how others are excited but.. flashing it manually to your device could trigger stuff that may malfunction (just my 2 cents) whereas OTA could be well worth the wait.

I have some flashing experiencies (my Lumia 710 with several roms and Android phones), and I know there are some risks. For people without experience the best choice is wait to OTA.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
you'll see for yourself, system is faster and smoother, pro cam, battery life improved A LOT, glance, 2 taps, data sense, no more many bugs known (that I knew) and others

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have some flashing experiencies (my Lumia 710 with several roms and Android phones), and I know there are some risks. For people without experience the best choice is wait to OTA.

True... i don't have any flashing experience so F dat lol... i'm not taking any chances = P

cruisezero

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Want Amber/GD2 on my 920. What is AT&T doing? I wish MS could find a way to update directly vs. going through carriers. Carriers should get a separate update like Nokia gets but why not just OTA core system update directly from MS?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm also waiting on the OTA updates. I'm confident they'll eventually come to my unlocked Rogers 920 that I use on T-Mobile. Hoping also that the 810, which I also still have, gets them, although I won't hold my breath on an official release for that one.

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
stable LTE connection, fast resume is really fast now(press start and press back), no more resuming. :love:
no more random restart when data is turned on with low signal, at least for now.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
For the millionth time to people complaining about the update. IT WILL COME! Hijacking another thread and voicing how much you wish updates were straight from Nokia wont make it happen any faster.

Zac Nguyen

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I think Nokia ProCam so awesome and helpful~ It make our Lumia Phone become a best camera!!. So we can take the best photos than other photos taken by other Smart phone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon