Did AT&T forget about us?

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of surprised there's been no article by WPcentral on it being taken down for bugs. Still, did all the other carriers have bugs? I haven't heard of too many with 920s on GDR2/Amber...

AT&T is just showing their size too much right now... Too big to care to tell their WP customers anything. I've had good experiences with their customer service dept before and I like their coverage, but this is just silly. They just need to change their canned answers from " OS updates are difficult, blah blah blah." to "there's a problem removing DataSense and we had to send it back to Nokia to fix".

From my conversation with my Nokia rep this was all a Nokia thing not AT&T. They pulled the update before AT&T could finalize testing.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
And yet there's been no word from Nokia, either.

At&t = Too big and disconnected to effectively communicate with customers.

Nokia = Not enough company vehicles left to take out Title loans to pay an intern to communicate with public. Nokia lemonade stand initiative failing as well.

Things are so bad @ Nokia that they recently ran a contest named "Hot water with Elop" (There was no budget for instant coffee), where the lucky winner got a sit down with the CEO. The winner canceled on Elop....

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Wow this is bad whether it be att it Nokia . I hope to find out if it was Nokia it att to start making future decisions im now sitting on 10 GB of other storage this is stupid already

lorenzattractor

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
While it is true that At&t holds most updates, like with the Focus or the Titan (both of which never got the keyboard fix or 7.8 officially), I think this might actually be a Nokia issue. I mean, GDR2 has been released already for their HTC 8X, so why would they hold an update for a more popular Windows Phone on their carrier?

John Best

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Here is ATT tech support official response as of this morning:

Bev Gordon: They do not have a release date as of yet.AT&T is currently testing the GDR2 software update.

JB: This is puzzling as newer Nokia phones in the ATT store have the update...is the strategy to get us to upgrade the phone by denying updates? When I bought the phone I was PROMISED all updates...

Bev Gordon: I do understand when Att has finished testing the software update you will be notified of the release and have the option to update the software,​

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Here is ATT tech support official response as of this morning:

Bev Gordon: They do not have a release date as of yet.AT&T is currently testing the GDR2 software update.

JB: This is puzzling as newer Nokia phones in the ATT store have the update...is the strategy to get us to upgrade the phone by denying updates? When I bought the phone I was PROMISED all updates...

Bev Gordon: I do understand when Att has finished testing the software update you will be notified of the release and have the option to update the software,​

Same ol canned response

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
While it is true that At&t holds most updates, like with the Focus or the Titan (both of which never got the keyboard fix or 7.8 officially), I think this might actually be a Nokia issue. I mean, GDR2 has been released already for their HTC 8X, so why would they hold an update for a more popular Windows Phone on their carrier?
because they know windows phones don't pay the bills . They know who does so those are there main concern not wp8!

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
att still says they are testing, nokia says that it is completely in at&t's hands

Kristina
yes, that is correct. Q3 ends tonight. We expect the update to roll out on all Lumia devices with Windows Phone 8. However, if the operator has yet to approve it within Q3, we cannot do anything about it but wait for them to approve it.

AT&T
G:
is there an expected release
G: and with this delay does that mean we can expect the same delay from gdr3?
Patricia Melvin: There is no expected release date at this time. As for the next update, I cannot comment as it is in the future and it is hard to tell

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
AT&T just told me that Nokia never sent them an update for the 820. This after AT&T told me they were testing it.

Now speaking with a supervisor.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Just jumped on tech support chat. After i stated my issue there was a 5 minute pause. After that I got reduced canned responses. It was like she wasn't even trying...

Thank you for your patience! Your AT&T Representative will be with you shortly.

Welcome! You are now chatting with 'Laia Tunu'

Laia Tunu: Good morning!!! How are you today?

ME: Ok

Laia Tunu: How can I help you today?

ME: Being the last day of September, I am wondering about the GDR2+Amber update for the Lumia 920.

ME: I am a little irritated by the fact that I can't get anyone to give my any reason besides testing. I bought a "flagship" phone and yet can't even get a incrimental update for it because AT&T has yet to release it.

Laia Tunu: Let me pull up your account first.

ME: ok

Laia Tunu: Thank you for waiting

Laia Tunu: I'm sorry as of this moment we don't have any updates.

ME: There is no explanation for the hold up?

Laia Tunu: I'm sorry just that confirm from our resources

ME: So the Lumia series is not a priority? Being that every other carrier has already released this update.

Laia Tunu: I'm sorry, If its release they will let us know. But as of now we don't have any update for Nokia

ME: Well, this has been less than helpful and the same canned responses that your company has been giving for months.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have some more updates. I'll post some snippets of the chat with the supervisor in a bit. I need to shower and slam my head into the wall. That said, the supervisor was the most helpful. No canned responses, and she called Nokia for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2