920 - Tile launching slowness/freezing

goofbox

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys! I am currently on my third Rogers Lumia 920; first one had microphone issues, had it replaced with another and this one had screen flickering issues and now I am on the third one. I have not seen anyone reported anywhere and the problem is that when I launch tiles, there is a small glitch or freezing that occurs. I don't have many third party apps, have tried all troubleshooting steps; soft/hard rests, reboot, on the latest GDR2/Amber update (got worse). I strongly believe this is a flash/storage reading issue as I have seen similar symptoms on SSDs that were faulty.

I know that this is not a big problem as the app launches fine (messaging, outlook, phone; any tile) but I also know this is not normal, I never had this issue on my Samsung focus, Lumia 900 or HTC 8x. Please let me know if anyone had this issue. I also tested out my friend's Lumia 920 and he does not have this issue.

Looking to send this into Nokia as I don't trust Rogers's ability find this problem.

Thanks in advance!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Can you enable High Sensitivty Touch in settings > Display+Touch section and check? I don't have that issue, but I saw an article/post somewhere mentioning that high sensitivity helped reduce certain jitter in the device.

goofbox

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Can you enable High Sensitivty Touch in settings > Display+Touch section and check? I don't have that issue, but I saw an article/post somewhere mentioning that high sensitivity helped reduce certain jitter in the device.

Thank you very much for your quick reply and suggestion. I have enabled high sensitivity but I do still notice the jitter. I will keep this setting and try it out for a few days. I also cleared all my text messages to see if this helps. I did this because I noticed it was way more frequent when launching the "messaging" app. Regardless, I will update you soon. Thanks again for your prompt help! much appreciated.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for your quick reply and suggestion. I have enabled high sensitivity but I do still notice the jitter. I will keep this setting and try it out for a few days. I also cleared all my text messages to see if this helps. I did this because I noticed it was way more frequent when launching the "messaging" app. Regardless, I will update you soon. Thanks again for your prompt help! much appreciated.

I suggest that if the issue persists and Rogers has a replacement plan switch your Lumia. (Lesser headaches.)

goofbox

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hey guys! I am really sorry about my late follow-up! I tried everything now...I don't even have chat; turned off even text backup. Changing the touch sensitivity has not helped either. I noticed this even before installing any apps but has become worse afterwards. Considering this is my third phone, I don't know if I should go to Rogers again or send it directly to Nokia repair shop...or Roger's repair. I had to speak to him for about an hour to waive the 35 dollar shipping fee last time. Let me know what would be the most efficient way to get this fixed. Thank you all again for your suggestions and help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon