Audio Recorder for 1020

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know a good Audio Recorder software for WP8 and it would be a benefit if it took advantage of the stereo mic's on the 1020.

On Windows Mobile I used the great Resco Audio Recorder

resco-audio-recorder-16.jpg

however I did not see anything that would even come close on my old WP7 :cry: and now that I have the 1020 I am again looking and hopeing someone knows of a great Audio Recorder that would finally fill the void since I left Windows Mobile.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
It should be easy to tell whether something takes advantage of the stereo recording capability. Record some audio with it with noises off to the sides, then record a video. Play back both using headphones.

The audio quality in videos I've recorded with the 1020 has been incredible. Hopefully it's possible to achieve the same level of quality with a standalone audio recording app.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
@crash1989

Thanks for the links and suggestions. Unfortunately the Pocket Recorder, Mini Recorder Free, and Yivosoft Recorder are still all kind of crap when compared to the features that were in Resco on WM, but perhaps some of it is due to certain WP OS restrictions?

There is no Audio Recorder in the store, that I found, that offers selection of various recording formats and recording qualities so that the user can set the bit rate. Some crap recorders like Yivosoft still need a sync center which I won't even touch after I tryed it on WP7 in the past with poor results and just too much hassle to simply get your files.

I don't get how come WP8 still lacks a proper full featured Audio Recorder. Its sad that with great hardware like the Lumia 1020 I still have to carry around my more that 10 year old HP h2210 Pocket PC just to make quality recordings when I need them.

As for OneNote, I haven't tried recording on WP with it, but the recording Quality in the Office 2013 Onenote on my Surface Pro sucked compared to the recording I got from the h2210 which sat right next to my Surface.

I am still hopeing Nokia might step in and make a great Audio recorder app which shows what the Lumia 1020 can do as a replacement for dedicated dictaphones.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
@crash1989

Thanks for the links and suggestions. Unfortunately the Pocket Recorder, Mini Recorder Free, and Yivosoft Recorder are still all kind of crap when compared to the features that were in Resco on WM, but perhaps some of it is due to certain WP OS restrictions?

There is no Audio Recorder in the store, that I found, that offers selection of various recording formats and recording qualities so that the user can set the bit rate. Some crap recorders like Yivosoft still need a sync center which I won't even touch after I tryed it on WP7 in the past with poor results and just too much hassle to simply get your files.

I don't get how come WP8 still lacks a proper full featured Audio Recorder. Its sad that with great hardware like the Lumia 1020 I still have to carry around my more that 10 year old HP h2210 Pocket PC just to make quality recordings when I need them.

As for OneNote, I haven't tried recording on WP with it, but the recording Quality in the Office 2013 Onenote on my Surface Pro sucked compared to the recording I got from the h2210 which sat right next to my Surface.

I am still hopeing Nokia might step in and make a great Audio recorder app which shows what the Lumia 1020 can do as a replacement for dedicated dictaphones.

I completely feel your pain here on this one. There is no recorder that takes advantage of the rich recording capable hardware.You'd think at least Nokia would come up with one..

An undesirable workaround is to record as video, then on your pc later convert to audio.

christian black

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Recorder Pro is the best I have found. Stereo. No extras but is clean and you can title idea of the song search etc.Can overdub with the karaoke for a harmony idea.
The quality is close to the video recorder and is light years better than the one note or the other audio apps for windows. Better than iphone recording or android plus stereo
because the mics are better flat response no tingy 5-9k. When I want a serious track to use for the best quality I vid it and break out the audio later. That way you can compress it, control wind noise etc and have more control in the original take. So in summary Recorder Pro is the best stereo app for now with quality better than any other phone. cheers.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Recorder Pro is the best I have found. Stereo. No extras but is clean and you can title idea of the song search etc.Can overdub with the karaoke for a harmony idea.
The quality is close to the video recorder and is light years better than the one note or the other audio apps for windows. Better than iphone recording or android plus stereo
because the mics are better flat response no tingy 5-9k. When I want a serious track to use for the best quality I vid it and break out the audio later. That way you can compress it, control wind noise etc and have more control in the original take. So in summary Recorder Pro is the best stereo app for now with quality better than any other phone. cheers.

Did you mean 'Voice Recorder Pro' Voice Recorder Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) ? Because when I search "recorder pro" there is no app with that specific title.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Hey thanks for this! Today I recorded 1/2 my pastor's homily with Recorder Pro; 1/2 Video. The audio on recorder pro I thought was a little bit clearer than the video..and it was in stereo!. The podium by the way has one speaker (we don't really have a bonafide sound system..being a smaller Eastern Orthodox parish).. I was sitting about 20-25 feet away.

I am VERY impressed with Recorder Pro..Nothing else I tried even came close.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes