Noticed Some Audio/Bluetooth Improvements after Audio System App Update for Lumia 928

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Since the Audio System setting App update on 8/28/13, I have noticed the following:

- Improved audio quality when listening to music in the car connected via Bluetooth audio streaming. It sounds just about as good hard wired auxiliary jack.
- When Bluetooth connects, the phone volume used when last connected via Bluetooth is remembered. For example, the phone volume is level 05 before connecting to Bluetooth. When I connect to the car's Bluetooth system, I turn the volume up to level 28. When I turn off the car and disconnect from Bluetooth, the volume automatically drops to level 05. When I get back in the car later and connect to Bluetooth again, the volume automatically goes back up to level 28.

Before the Audio System App setting update on 8/28/13, the sound quality via Bluetooth was pretty good, but now sounds better. The Bluetooth volume remembering feature is awesome! Prior to the update, I would have to manually lower the volume down from 28 when leaving my car and back up again when listening the audio streaming in the car. Now I don't!

I believe this was the Audio System setting update. Anyone else experiencing this?

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree. After your post, I checked and the sound quality was MUCH better. No distortion in the high end. Also, connection when entering car seems faster, and response to console controls (play, FF) is more stable.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, when I turn on the car, the Bluetooth fires up really fast. The skip back and forward buttons on the dash or steering wheel are quick and work well too. I posted this in the general windows phone 8 forum too and someone that posts a lot of messages said Microsoft worked hard on Bluetooth system in the last update. This was never advertised as a GDR2 improvement, so I guess it just fits in the "and many more enhancements".

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
They may have worked hard on the Bluetooth but I still get choppy Bluetooth audio streaming. The simple fix is obviously just use the headphone out and wire it but that defeats the purpose of Bluetooth. This didn't really bother me at first but now it has actually gotten worse since the audio update. I listen to Pandora in my car everyday so its becoming more of poa.

I hate to say it but my wife's iphone doesn't have this issue.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
My first Lumia 928 had poor Bluetooth audio quality. The lock screen froze a couple of times when I first got it, so Verizon gave me a replacement. My second Lumia 928 that I have now had way better Bluetooth audio stream quality, and as mentioned improved after the audio update.

Have you told Verizon about this? Or even Nokia? Perhaps you have a bad Bluetooth chip?

My wife has a Lumia 928 also and her Bluetooth audio streaming sounds great.

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
My first Lumia 928 had poor Bluetooth audio quality. The lock screen froze a couple of times when I first got it, so Verizon gave me a replacement. My second Lumia 928 that I have now had way better Bluetooth audio stream quality, and as mentioned improved after the audio update.

Have you told Verizon about this? Or even Nokia? Perhaps you have a bad Bluetooth chip?

No on the Verizon. Their default answer is too factory reset of send a certified like new replacement. I may call Nokia to see if they have any input or give the rest a try. I guess that couldn't hurt as I don't really have that many apps to reinstall.

My wife has a Lumia 928 also and her Bluetooth audio streaming sounds great.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
They may have worked hard on the Bluetooth but I still get choppy Bluetooth audio streaming. The simple fix is obviously just use the headphone out and wire it but that defeats the purpose of Bluetooth. This didn't really bother me at first but now it has actually gotten worse since the audio update. I listen to Pandora in my car everyday so its becoming more of poa.

I hate to say it but my wife's iphone doesn't have this issue.

I have 2 928s and a 620 and all are pretty flawless, it sounds like you have a bad phone to be honest

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077