Lumia 920 WiFi Problem

bill_windows

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone.I got a BIG problem..Im trying to connect my phone to neightbors wifi but nothing says wrong password and i dont have the router to do some settings,instead when i go to my friend home everything work very well and fast.My android and my windows pc works good but my lumia doesn...Maybe a future update fix this bug??any suggestion?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you entered the correct password? Also, try switching up the settings on the neighbor's Wi-Fi.

(If you're not really asking for permission to connect, that's a whole different story)

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm with the wrong password. Or it could be that the neighbor set a limit to the number of devices that can connect freely to his router

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

bill_windows

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you entered the correct password? Also, try switching up the settings on the neighbor's Wi-Fi.

(If you're not really asking for permission to connect, that's a whole different story)

I am 100% sure about the password,i got an android htc one and my windows pc,i disconnect and i recconect with the same password in both devices,only my lumia cant get signal,an error like no response from the router or network,but in my friends home everything works cool and fast...

bill_windows

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm with the wrong password. Or it could be that the neighbor set a limit to the number of devices that can connect freely to his router

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Noway the password is correct and the wifi cant get unlimited devices because is a cafe place,for example yesterday i had a friend in my home with sgs4 and he is connected immediadly

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps your neighbor has his router's wireless filter enabled and your device's MAC address isn't in the whitelist. Even if you have the correct password, your connection wont go through...

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the router's DHCP release (server) is disabled.

So, Try going in your phone's WIFI SETTINGS and configure static ip manually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes