Nokia Lumia 720 Camera Picture Quality Issue !

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I used NCS to flash the ROM that has been floating around.

PS: To clarify, the shutter speed can still go above 1 second but only automatically and not manually using the dials.

so sad that shutter speed configuration can just 1 second, hardware issue I think.
for increase it until 4 sec I think just increase the ISO to 100. If the light condition is low and ISO set to 100, the shutter speed will go up more than 1 sec.

but I hope the image quality would be better than Amber

Abeer Fatima

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I have flashed my 720 with the Lumia Black firmware and the camera quality seems to have improved; less noise and sharper when zooming in. However those are my preliminary findings and will update once I play around with the camera some more. It is noteworthy that the max shutter speed has been lowered to 1 second and the max manual ISO level has been raised to 3200.
hi dreamspell have u checked out the camera after updating it to black.
what are opinion of the images compared to the amber.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I never experienced camera on my 720 before Amber and I don't see any improvement after black update. How can I flash to pre-amber?

vamccnu

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my 720 to Lumia Black and downloaded Nokia Camera. While my friend's 520 has got a 4s shutter speed, I got only 1s. Did anyone else experience the same? Is there any update coming through for the same?

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
My 520 has 1s after black. Its with all phones with black. But you can get 4 in dark conditions, if you keep shutter speed on auto and use a low exposure value, you'd se e the shutter speed automatically goes to 4, though you cant do it manually now, i know, weird thing for me to do.

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I feel like changing my mobile jus for camera. The quality of pics is poor. Its not consistent. Common nokia fix the camera issue.

asharma13

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank GOD...!! ...I was thinking I am the only one getting faulty pics...!! But after reading here and on Nokia Support Discussions, on one thing I am sure that it is a firmware problem... :sweaty:

So... Do Nokia have some UserVoice page like Microsoft?? Where we should go and force them to fix it in next WP8.1 Final Update??? :amaze: Or should we register a petition on "Change.org" that Nokia has cheated Lumia 720 buyers. :devil::winktongue:

Update: Please vote to this suggestion on uservoice. Let them know we are here...
cry.png
Please give 3 Votes...
http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...e-increse-quality-of-lumia-720-camera-it-is-n

Last edited:

delmanicomio

May 21, 2014
Visit site
i have same problem, night/low light shots are horrible
daytime shots lack of sharpness and details

i loved its 6.7mpx camera but now useless

started to change my phone with another platform

they update OS for get better, WP update for get worse

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I must say that camera is really great when you know how to use it. I took this picture and my friend took the same one with his Galaxy S3. My 720 took amazing picture, his has bad contrast and colors.
Lumia 720
WP_20140701_022.jpg

Galaxy S3
20140701_113848.jpg

Gen Nap

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello, everyone. I've been following this thread for quite a while now and I have also noticed poor image quality in the low light shots.
But there are ways to make the image quality slightly better.

The trick is to use the Nokia Camera as your camera app as opposed to the stock Microsoft Camera since it allows you to play with the camera settings more to get a better picture. Plus, I think the Nokia Camera recovers slightly detail than the stock camera.

I took this image with the Nokia Camera and as expected, the results were underwhelming, at most.

WP_20140724_20_25_43_Pro.jpg
As you can see in this image, the colors are slightly less saturated and there's a lot of grain and image blurring. That's because in AUTO MODE the app boosts the ISO levels to 3200, making the images grainy/noisy. Notice the stairs on the left side of the image is blurry.

However, if you set the ISO to 400, the images look much better. Saturation levels are adequate and what'smore is there's enough detail in the image (like the stairs on the left side and the detail on the leaves of the trees in the center, compared to the first image).

WP_20140724_20_25_35_Pro.jpg

The only downside to setting the ISO low is that you need the phone to be stable when capturing or the images will be blurred.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll try and take some more pictures without putting the phone in a stable platform (tripod, flat surface, etc.) and will report back soon. Hope this helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes