Another bad cnet review of the 1020

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
There are two websites that I completely ignore when it comes to reviews: Cnet and Techradar. Neither has the slightest clue on how to conduct a fair review. They're isheep........sad, sad, tiny minded isheep.......

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Tomorrows headline: "iPhone survives every torture test others failed".

Of course the iPhone had a waterproof and drop protection case an inch thick, but they won't mention that.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
In all fairness, however, they did fail the iPhone 5 in its test, and when the iPhone 5, iPad Mini and the second new iPad, erm, the new new iPad? The New iPad 2? Uhh.... Anyways, she went on a long winded rant about how Apple is just being money hungry by changing the connector cables, just to reap profit. So she's not all bad. Her bias against Windows Phone disgusts me, but at least she has sense some of the time.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
In all fairness, however, they did fail the iPhone 5 in its test, and when the iPhone 5, iPad Mini and the second new iPad, erm, the new new iPad? The New iPad 2? Uhh.... Anyways, she went on a long winded rant about how Apple is just being money hungry by changing the connector cables, just to reap profit. So she's not all bad. Her bias against Windows Phone disgusts me, but at least she has sense some of the time.

Wasn't she just echoing the sentiments of many other iFans at the time?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't she just echoing the sentiments of many other iFans at the time?

Most iFans I knew were praising the fact that it's reversible and going on about how it's all digital. They didn't know what they meant, of course, but they sure as hell were excited about it.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Most iFans I knew were praising the fact that it's reversible and going on about how it's all digital. They didn't know what they meant, of course, but they sure as hell were excited about it.

I've read plenty of criticism from long time and loyal iFans who weren't happy with the change.

I think she was just doing her bit to side with the voice of the people (iFans) without stepping too far out of line to Apple.

eugarps

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
It must be smartphone reviews for the bewildered. What a ridiculous review! She needs to go and take her Apple worship cult with her.

bill

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I got a new keyboard after my last incident and look what I find!

"I got a job at MacHome Journal, where I got a crash course in tech reporting. I attended my first MacWorld, got mesmerized by Steve Jobs, reviewed the iMac DV, and discovered that I'd been dating nerdy boys for a reason. I was a geek, deep down inside."

Actual quote from Molly Woods article about her leaving. SHE ADMITS TO BEING AN ISHEEP WHO IS IN LOVE WITH STEVE JOBS!!!
wow, I'm so glad she's leaving

Edit: actually, glad doesn't even begin to describe it tbh

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Well I got a new keyboard after my last incident and look what I find!

"I got a job at MacHome Journal, where I got a crash course in tech reporting. I attended my first MacWorld, got mesmerized by Steve Jobs, reviewed the iMac DV, and discovered that I'd been dating nerdy boys for a reason. I was a geek, deep down inside."

Actual quote from Molly Woods article about her leaving. SHE ADMITS TO BEING AN ISHEEP WHO IS IN LOVE WITH STEVE JOBS!!!
wow, I'm so glad she's leaving

Edit: actually, glad doesn't even begin to describe it tbh

She admits?? or she was forced to admit :) we never know the story. what ever it is the Apple lost one Reviewer who will bring Apple to review of any apple/non-apple products. :p

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
CNET's logic: IPhone in water for 30 seconds = pulverizing the 1020 in wine, then covering it with water.

I say we march on CNET's main office in NY. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

I'm with you, I will bring all my comic fans, infact I get my new comic idea here.
Interviewing CNET Officers/Reviewers and as a bonus you secured a spot already.
Now I just need to find some time to write it, hopefully this year itself.

seelani

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
the same way a 5s is bound not to stop a 50 cal bullet. I don't see why a Lumia should survive to the torture. Unless you're some numb nut who happens to use a 5s a bullet proof vest on a day to day basis or happen to be a total nincompoop who brings a smashing 1020 out to a wine press drop it in,step all over it then realize washing it might be a good idea then flinging your phone twice cos it you're such a klutz. Then thinking a bag of rice would magically bring a phone back to life. Not all consumers/people are that stupid right? On a quick note, it was awesome to see the phone come back on after being stepped and soaked in grape juice :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
That's fing pathetic. I don't even want to give the video a view.

aVOYDvM_460sa.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes