I thought i could save lots of pictures from 1 pictures easy

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just upraded my 920 to an 1020 because i wanted the camera :)

The images are amazing no question about it BUT.
picture_one.jpg
If i open an picture in nokia pro cam and zoom and save does picture_one.jpg get zoomed and saved but it's still highres inside Nokia Pro Cam. If i rezoom to another spot and press save does it change picture_one.jpg to the latest zoom i saved.. What i want is that each time i press save do i want it to save it to picture_one.jpg picture_two.jpg etc

What is the point of this commercial else? 0:53s
AT&T Lumia 1020 - Pro Camera - YouTube

sorry for bad english.

Or can i do it?

outback15

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
If u open jpg1, zoom and save, it should save as a different image. however it may name it as jpg1 also. thus it will ask u if u want to replace jpg1 with the zoomed jpg1. the answer is obviously no. to avoid this, rename the zoomed jpg1 to something like jpg1.1. cycle again and rename the next one to jpg1.2. i believe this is how it is processed.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
If u open jpg1, zoom and save, it should save as a different image. however it may name it as jpg1 also. thus it will ask u if u want to replace jpg1 with the zoomed jpg1. the answer is obviously no. to avoid this, rename the zoomed jpg1 to something like jpg1.1. cycle again and rename the next one to jpg1.2. i believe this is how it is processed.

What are you talking about? Pro Cam doesn't work that way at all.

If i open an picture in nokia pro cam and zoom and save does picture_one.jpg get zoomed and saved but it's still highres inside Nokia Pro Cam. If i rezoom to another spot and press save does it change picture_one.jpg to the latest zoom i saved.. What i want is that each time i press save do i want it to save it to picture_one.jpg picture_two.jpg etc

Actually Nokia really botched this. They make it seem like you can do this in the marketing/advertising, but they dropped the ball when it comes to reframing in Pro Cam. Every time you reframe, it overwrites the same 5MP image file, while keeping the full-res image intact to use as a base for later. What they seem to want you to do is reframe, share the 5MP image on Facebook or whatever, then go back and reframe again and repeat the process... while not actually saving the multiple images as files on your phone.

If you want to save the multiple image files on your phone, you need to reframe, save, exit Pro Cam, open the menu for the image in the camera roll, and choose Edit. Then choose an app that will let you save a copy of the image. You can do this with Nokia Creative Studio if you choose "Original", then Edit, fix, crop+rotate, apply, save. There's probably some app that makes it easier than Nokia Creative Studio does to just save a copy of an image though. In any case, the process is way harder than it should be.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
What are you talking about? Pro Cam doesn't work that way at all.

Actually Nokia really botched this. They make it seem like you can do this in the marketing/advertising, but they dropped the ball when it comes to reframing in Pro Cam. Every time you reframe, it overwrites the same 5MP image file, while keeping the full-res image intact to use as a base for later. What they seem to want you to do is reframe, share the 5MP image on Facebook or whatever, then go back and reframe again and repeat the process... while not actually saving the multiple images as files on your phone.

If you want to save the multiple image files on your phone, you need to reframe, save, exit Pro Cam, open the menu for the image in the camera roll, and choose Edit. Then choose an app that will let you save a copy of the image. You can do this with Nokia Creative Studio if you choose "Original", then Edit, fix, crop+rotate, apply, save. There's probably some app that makes it easier than Nokia Creative Studio does to just save a copy of an image though. In any case, the process is way harder than it should be.

I know that this isn't optimal, but you could take the original image, then reframe is to whatever you want, then screenshot that image (Windows + power buttons) and you'll have two separate images.

liin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Actually Nokia really botched this. They make it seem like you can do this in the marketing/advertising, but they dropped the ball when it comes to reframing in Pro Cam. Every time you reframe, it overwrites the same 5MP image file, while keeping the full-res image intact to use as a base for later.

A simple update can easily make multiple saves happen. Even without pop up dialogue for overwrite.

But I think they assumed if we wanted a photo that's framed vastly different than the one we just framed, we would just take another photo. So its "innovative zoom" is still cropping in Adobe Lightroom, where you just re-crop while the original is intact. And it would save us the trouble having to delete the previous crops when we browse our film roll.

But I agree it was a lost opportunity, and being able to do multiple 5MP crops from that 34MP image would have been much cooler.

Nesdam1981

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
What you need to do is frame the picture in Pro Cam, reframe it and then edit the picture in a 3rd party editor like aviary or fotor so that the reframed Picture gets saved in the "saved images" folder. After that you can go back and reframe the Picture in Pro Cam and still have the other picture left.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually Nokia really botched this. They make it seem like you can do this in the marketing/advertising, but they dropped the ball when it comes to reframing in Pro Cam. ..........

Completely agree, this is one thing that always prevents me from utilising the zoom feature. The same goes for the Smart Cam app which also always overwrites the original.

I really hope Nokia fixes this ASAP.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Not without seriously compromising on resolution. Pro Cam is the only app that can open a full-res image. If you use any other app to reframe (aka crop/rotate), you'll be starting from the 5MP image and will end up with a much lower resolution image than if you had used Pro Cam.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
But I think they assumed if we wanted a photo that's framed vastly different than the one we just framed, we would just take another photo.

That sure isn't how they've sold the feature. Watch the video in the original post above. That's how they've consistently presented it, but what they actually delivered is something else.

I think they just took the easy way out when it comes to dealing with files on the phone. This is a consistent theme all throughout Windows Phone. No filesystem access and severe restrictions on accessing and creating files. They only create a file when there's absolutely no way for them to avoid it, and even then they don't give you any way to name or rename a file. Perhaps they tell themselves it's all in the name of making things simpler and easier for novice users, but they've gone too far. They cripple the functionality of the product and then people wonder why they can't do these basic things, or why it's so difficult.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I know that this isn't optimal, but you could take the original image, then reframe is to whatever you want, then screenshot that image (Windows + power buttons) and you'll have two separate images.

I like your avatar :), but Nokia screwed bad on this one.

imaware

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Reframe your photo with "best quality , auto upload to to skydrive over wifi on".
Wait a minute or so for upload to complete , then reframe again.
All your reframed shots will be saved to skydrive as separate files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans