htc 8x boot loop

othman95

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
hello guys

i have 8x and right now my phone is going on continues boot loop it goes until i see htc logo but ican't see quietly brilliant thing under it
and then it just reboot i can't turn it off unless its out of power so i searched for a fix and everyone is talking about hard reset yet i can't hard reset it i don't know it just reboot
i wait for a moment where the screen is completely black i hold vol down button and then press the power and wait for the screen to turn on yet nothing happen it just reboot for then
any help guys would be appreciate

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi try this. All your data will be wiped but it should work.
1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
3. Then press the following hardware buttons in this sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN

slap0rama

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My phone is in the same boat right now. The hard reset does not work! They said I have to send it in to get a new one *sigh* this will be my second time I have had to get a replacement. Smh.

othman95

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
My phone is in the same boat right now. The hard reset does not work! They said I have to send it in to get a new one *sigh* this will be my second time I have had to get a replacement. Smh.
sorry to hear that bro somehow mine was fixed by pressing vol down with power you know when you try to hard reset and next i see the screen was on and so i had the phone on hard reset and
now it works perfectly

daverath

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My phone is having this issue. While plugged into a charger, it endlessly reboots every 10 seconds, never getting past the htc load screen. While not connected to the charger, it won't turn on at all. Trying the hard reset did nothing.

sized

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing as daveraths... Every 10 seconds it reboots, i do not get a red light, i get this white flash in the screen, and then it's turned of again and so the cycle starts again...
I have tried everything I can think of, other chargers, other energy source, hard reset... but nothing seems to work and I am kind of desperate....

And I've had mine for one single week.... yet I do not have warranty so i am screwed..

daverath

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine has definitely drained its full battery and still no luck no matter what I do. I talked with HTC rep for a while about different options. They were actually very helpful to talk to, even though my phone was no longer under warranty and they were upfront in saying it would be pretty expensive for me to send it in. Unfortunately nothing they suggested resurrected my phone. Now I'm on my old old droid for 2 weeks (had the trophy before, but traded it in for free headphones) and miss my wp a lot. I'm only using that phone for texting and light email, so it's hardly even worth the data plan now.

Now my conundrum is do I try to find a cheap replacement 8x (I see there's a $199 new one today), look for an even cheaper used 822, or do I just hold on to that money and hopefully put it towards an off contract 929. I'm just holding out for now on the 929 announcement, because I figure if nothing else it will drive prices down of the other phones. Unfortunately, I don't have high hopes that the 929 is coming this month. I'm more inclined to believe it got delayed to January.

Amit Shruti

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello.
Another HTC victim (or microsoft ) ...
This was AT&T unlcoked handset.

The phone suddenly started rebooting in loop. I am not sure if any updates were installed before this happened.
I tried factory reset but the phone get stuck up at AT&T icon.
When I tried POWER+CAMERA+VOLDN reset,it showed kernel missing.

Please let me know if there is any other solution.This phone is out of warranty so I am screwed.:devil:
Is there any way to reflash the ROM ?
Daverath pls help.

We ve had a horrible time with HTC and would not recommend this phone to anyone.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image[1].jpeg
    image[1].jpeg
    557.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    575 KB · Views: 8

Joseph Lewkovich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My phone is doing this as well. It was working fine then all of a sudden I notice it's rebooting infinitely, getting to the htc logo w/ white background, turning off, then doing it again. I've tried combinations of volume down + power + camera + whatever, nothing seems to stop it. Right now I'm waiting for the battery to drain.

jc773

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have a solution to this problem? I'm in the same boat. HTC is no help, Windows is no help and ATT is no help. I have no idea what to do.

Joseph Lewkovich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My phone is doing this as well. It was working fine then all of a sudden I notice it's rebooting infinitely, getting to the htc logo w/ white background, turning off, then doing it again. I've tried combinations of volume down + power + camera + whatever, nothing seems to stop it. Right now I'm waiting for the battery to drain.
Just to give an update on my situation, eventually my phone broke out of the loop itself and shut down normally. By the morning it was working fine...

BallyS16

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
I had the same problem just 2 days ago - bootloop, no HR, no "!" screen.
The fix was to take the thing apart and disconnect the battery.
Everything was back to normal following reassembly.
Here is a pic of what the battery stat understood of the whole thing :)

270907_wp_ss_20140322_0003.jpg

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have the EXACT same problem described above. This is the third time its happened to me and the last two times it was covered under warranty. This time im just a month out of warranty and dont have warranty from the previous repair. So I have to solve this on my own...

Here's what happens

Phone is completely dead unless plugged in (so Im assuming the battery died and cant charge for some reason)

When its plugged in (and I tried a variety of chargers and cables): it vibrates and the boot screen comes up (without the quietly brilliant underneath the HTC logo) then it shuts off and loops constantly. I tried doing a hard reset but nothing comes up, it just reboots a black screen. Same thing with the power+vol down+camera combination. I am not sure what to do, I can't keep it plugged in because the buzzing just drives me insane.

​What can I do?

EDIT/UPDATE: I FIXED IT!!!!

Here's what you need to do. The phone has basically hung, you need to unplug the battery from the board. Open up the device (plenty of videos on Youtube showing you how), and look for two screws holding the flex cable attached to the board near the bottom. Remove these screws and unplug the battery. Leave it unplugged for 10-20 minutes then plug it back in, and re-assemble (make sure you plug in the flex cables and put the power battery back in, I forgot the first time and had to re-open it). It should work FINE.

Last edited:

jollycat123

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
My phone is having this problem now, have you gotten yours fixed? seeing as this was 1 yr ago or did you get a new phone? If it wouldn't be much of a hassle can you help me out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon