Can't delete Photo Album...

masetodd

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I recently changed my photos to save to an SD card instead of the phone memory.
I then noticed that all my pictures were duplicated in the photos app.
So I connected my phone to my PC and deleted all the pics from the phone memory.

It almost worked, but now I have two of one album showing up in "albums" - one is real (on the SD card), and the other is empty.
It will let me delete the empty one, but when I exit the app, then restart it, the album is there again.
Note - the "Pictures" folder in windows explorer is empty, but the damn thing is still in the phone.

It's not a huge deal, but it really bugs me to have this object I can't delete. Any ideas???

PimblyCharles

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you have the same issue I have on my Lumia 822. I've had one folder in Camera Roll, that's empty, that won't delete. I've been through two GDR updates with this issue and nothing has fixed it. The only advice I can give is to do a hard reset on your phone. I have way too much stuff on my phone at this point to do an easy reset, but I'd imagine that'd fix the issue.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
You need to remove it from skydrive for it to be gone for good from the phone, also you can delete pictures from the phone if they are saved on the phone, if they are auto saved to skydrive you have to go to skydrive to delete.

masetodd

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
There was nothing to remove in Skydrive, but eventually I got the album removed.
Since there wasn't an album showing in windows explorer, I created one, then copied it to the phone.
Then I tried deleting it from the phone and it stayed deleted.

I wish they would fix issues like this and the double-music bug.
It's this little stuff that really hurts the "complete device" experience.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
There was nothing to remove in Skydrive, but eventually I got the album removed.
Since there wasn't an album showing in windows explorer, I created one, then copied it to the phone.
Then I tried deleting it from the phone and it stayed deleted.

I wish they would fix issues like this and the double-music bug.
It's this little stuff that really hurts the "complete device" experience.

I know how you feel I am very familiar with the album's I also been battling a issue if my phone get's turned off and the live account has to sync I lose at times two or more album's the photo they go gray but all photos inside are there and they are only the ones saved to SkyDrive. So to fix I go to SkyDrive make new folders and name, move photos then delete old folders. I got so good at it only takes a minute to do now. Hope this doesn't happen to you.
Update btw I'm using a Lumia 822.

sotakal

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I've created an account just to post a solution! I'd had the same problem for weeks and I finally figured out a solution today:

(Don't forget to exit the "Photos" app using the back button before connecting the phone to a computer)
1. If you haven't deleted the album folder using a computer, do it (open the phone memory on a computer and delete the folder).
2. Create a new folder and give it the same name as the album in question.
3. Copy a new random picture into the folder.
4. Unplug the phone and make sure the new picture's showed up in the gallery.
5. Connect the phone to the computer again and rename the folder to some gibberish, a single letter (like "a") is enough.
6. Unplug and make sure the album's name's changed in the gallery as well.
7. Connect the phone again and rename the folder to "Sample Pictures".
8. Unplug and check the gallery again, the album should be named "8".
9. Tap and hold the album and delete the sucker.

The steps above worked for me when nothing else had. Steps 3-7 are mostly just check-ups, they might not be essential but they indicate that you're doing what you're supposed to and that everything works as expected.

rameshwaran

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
hello im new to this side plz some one tel me that ,i have htc windows phnes
there is a name calle Skydriver icon ,there is some pictures i need to delete all of them but there in no delete option,
plz help me,,,,,,

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
hello im new to this side plz some one tel me that ,i have htc windows phnes
there is a name calle Skydriver icon ,there is some pictures i need to delete all of them but there in no delete option,
plz help me,,,,,,

are the pictures in SkyDrive (onedrive) if yes, then use the OneDrive app - go to the folder where the pics are, select all, and then tap 'delete'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon