Wedding day with a nokia lumia 920 =)

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey there guys.. so.. I'll start writing my story..

Yesterday, I went to my cousins's wedding, it was on the beach.. so it everything was just fine, and of course, the first thing that I remembered was microsoft's ad, the one that everyone fights in the wedding, and I started laughing at myself..

I stayed wondering all the time.. Will I be able to show my awesome phone and it's capabilities? Of course yes!...

So, I was in a table with my friends and all and then, photos time started! my cousin entering in the ceremony, and his almost wife as well..

everybody (bunches of isheeps) started to take photos and fighting against each other to take the better one, just like the commercial hahaha, and they were stating that photos weren't coming out very clear.. my turn.. took 3 pictures and they were watching me taking pictures when suddenly.. ''oh my, what a nice camera, my phone never got this image quality'' and the other one told, ''this phone camera is really impressive, the videos are even better! (I made 2 videos there)'' and they started to ask me what phone was it (they had never heard about wp8, only one, that he's a tech man), everybody was just surprised about how good the phone is, everyone talked about it's weight and that the phone itself feels very well built.. ''It's a nokia, what would you expect?''

results? I made two sells, 2 of my friends said that they were going to change it's phones and that they would definetly look about lumia 920, there were just amazed about how good the camera is, and I showed them the features and all.. and people still say that love of first sight doesn't exist.. hahaha

to sum up, microsoft needs to appear more, many persons there never heard about wp8, or they were biased against, microsoft needs a heavy ad campaign, they have potential and the phones, much more..

-----

I leave you guys with some photos from the wedding, hope you guys enjoyed my mini history:

edit: it seems that they have limited images size to post.. all photos are about 2,8mb (original size and quality), I don't know how to resize them, and even if I did, they would lose A LOT of quality.. =/, maybe they allow posting ''heavy'' photos in the following days again.. I would post some awesome photos..

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
hey, nice story :) enjoyed reading, it would be great to see those photos one day!
I have to say, that people are often asking 'hey is it Nokia Lumia? It's nice!' they ask to let them check, and almost always are saying that tiles are gorgeous and it's working really smoothly! Even so I own a black 820, it's still well-recognized. The sad thing - a lot of employees are talking **** to customers about WP8 and Nokias and trying to convince to buy ****ty Android devices.
I've heard a few stories from my friends and friends of my friends, also experienced myself - employee asked me twice if I'm sure that I want to buy it and tried to change my mind talking **** about OS. What is funny, most of them are just repeating words of iphone/android fanboys or outdated statments about problems which were present in EARLY WP8 releases (pre-portico and GDR1) It's so solid with GDR2/GDR3 and... even more attractive with Amber aboard.

Just a digression, hope you had a good time there. :)

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
hey, nice story :) enjoyed reading, it would be great to see those photos one day!
I have to say, that people are often asking 'hey is it Nokia Lumia? It's nice!' they ask to let them check, and almost always are saying that tiles are gorgeous and it's working really smoothly! Even so I own a black 820, it's still well-recognized. The sad thing - a lot of employees are talking **** to customers about WP8 and Nokias and trying to convince to buy ****ty Android devices.
I've heard a few stories from my friends and friends of my friends, also experienced myself - employee asked me twice if I'm sure that I want to buy it and tried to change my mind talking **** about OS. What is funny, most of them are just repeating words of iphone/android fanboys or outdated statments about problems which were present in EARLY WP8 releases (pre-portico and GDR1) It's so solid with GDR2/GDR3 and... even more attractive with Amber aboard.

indeed my friend! I don't know why here at my city, everybody, EVERYBODY has an iphone, it reaaally is something, in the wedding bunches of iphones and just my lumia 920 in the middle, everybody saying of how beatiful it is and etc..

I don't get this too, don't know why stores are biased against wp8, it seems that the lobby from other companies is pretty big.. I'm not afraid to say that wp8 is the best platform outhere and with the coming updates (gdr3, wp 8.1) it is going to be even better!! people gets surprised when I say that I never saw my phone lagging or something..

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
exactly! We are the chosen ones to spread a good word about Windows Phone :) It's hard, and unprofitable job, but at the end, we will be awarded :)

That's the point, they sell something what they get more profits for. Even if its worst... Our world is all like that, everything is about money, big money we won't even see during whole life :) We should just ignore assclowns and enjoy the greatest events of our lifes, such as weddings, capturing beautiful moments with our outstanding built-in cameras :)

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
i
exactly! We are the chosen ones to spread a good word about Windows Phone :) It's hard, and unprofitable job, but at the end, we will be awarded :)

That's the point, they sell something what they get more profits for. Even if its worst... Our world is all like that, everything is about money, big money we won't even see during whole life :) We should just ignore assclowns and enjoy the greatest events of our lifes, such as weddings, capturing beautiful moments with our outstanding built-in cameras :)

indeed my friend, indeed..

da1stprince

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site

same thing happened to me when I visited several sprint locations to look at the Samsung Neo, the reps tried to immediately steer me to an android phone and caused me to question their sale tactics... I'm a techie and already new what I was looking for when I asked for it, made them aware and realized that most of them thought that the new win8 phones are still win 6.5 buggy, unreliable devices. It's possible that the reps also benefit from selling more android phones for a better commission. I pulled out my yellow nokia 920 and showed the rep who tried to continue the misinformation campaign a good example of a win8 device that they do not offer and actually enlightened her about what a win8 product brings to the table...surprising that the salespeople had no idea whatsoever about the features of any of the win8 devices but still found my Nokia to be nice...they were especially impressed with all my yellow tiles being active and "alive" on display, not just a bunch of "static" tiles that are just shortcuts to an app..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes