Nokia Camera app makes low-res duplicate of photos which goes to Skydrive

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Since the Pro Cam update to Nokia Camera every photo I take creates two separate files: the one ending with _Pro.jpeg, which is now only 1280x720 pixels, and a _Pro__highres.jpeg one, with full resolution.
The thing is that only the low-res is uploaded to Skydrive.
This totally ruins the purpose of it...

Is it the normal behavior? I'm 100% sure I set Skydrive settings in the Photos app to upload with the best quality.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Before something that radical I want to make sure it's not the "normal" behavior of the thing now.

I tried restarting the phone, and I'm about to uninstal and reinstal the Nokia Camera app.

If someone could check and confirm it's only with me, then so.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Since the Pro Cam update to Nokia Camera every photo I take creates two separate files: the one ending with _Pro.jpeg, which is now only 1280x720 pixels, and a _Pro__highres.jpeg one, with full resolution.
The thing is that only the low-res is uploaded to Skydrive.
This totally ruins the purpose of it...

Is it the normal behavior? I'm 100% sure I set Skydrive settings in the Photos app to upload with the best quality.

Do you have auto-upload to Skydrive on? If so, go to Settings -> backup -> photos and make sure you have it set for Best Quality as opposed to Good Quality. Not sure if that will work, but I believe Best uses full resolution.

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I did some testing. Restarting the phone, or changing the Skydrive settings back and forth didn't help. Still low-res copies.
Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the Nokia Camera app, and then it seems to do the trick. I tried the Smart mode and changed back to Camera mode and it's back to normal.

I think that for some reason the app made a similar resizing to the 1020 version, creating a low-res version of my photos, I still have them in my Camera Roll folder when in Windows explorer, but the new ones (after reinstall) are single full-res files.

Thanks for the help, I was worried this was the new upload policy of Nokia Camera or whatever.
I'll check for some time if it does not change back, but it's solved for now.

Orik DP

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem. Fixed by installing updates for nokia camera app.
Tried to find the root of this behavior without success.
Initial thought was that is due to battery save mode enabled during my trip, but tested it now and could't replicate.
Also I recall that I installed some of updates for nokia camera too before my trip.

ogeer

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Un-installing and re-installing makes no difference to me - when restarting the app Nokia Camera is duplicating the last picture taken with the app. This does not happen with the stock on-board camera, nor will NC duplicate the last pic if it was taken by stock camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes