Lumia 928 horizontal screen lines before/after unlock

mtheard

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Everytime I turn on the screen, it stays at its normal vibrancy for a few seconds, and then horizontal black/white lines begin creeping up the screen from the bottom and down from the top. Its almost as if someone is applying an instagram filter to my phone. Touch remains the same, and the screen remains legible. The phone is still usable, its just annoying. This started randomly after no provocation. I dont believe it to be a hardware issue because the screen remains normal for a split second, then the lines appear. I've tried many combinations of brightness/autobrightness adjusting and the like, but I'm open to any suggestion.

Nokia Lumia 928 screen issue (lines) - YouTube

This is a video of the issue. Plain to see at 360p, but I'd watch full screen at 1080p to get detail on it.

JoelBennett

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd really think this would be hardware related. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like almost once the screen starts warming up, the issue appears. What happens if you unlock it prior to the lines appearing - do they still appear over top of whatever else is on the screen, or does it only happen on the lock screen?

I suppose if it is a software related issue, you could try a factory reset...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes