Unlock O2 64GB 1020

interiorlulu

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Am considering buying O2 64GB version which is exclusive to O2 then getting it unlocked. Anybody have any experience of this? How easy is it to unlock. Cheers.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It's very easy to unlock on O2 and also free. The phone just needs to be used on the network then you can either call them or use online chat. There's an online form you can fill in as well but I've always just used the online chat. They just ask for the IMEI number and less than a week later you'll have an unlocked 1020.

shkshaka

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there!
I'm from Brazil and I'm thinking to get a nokia 1020 (I'm android user).
I'm also looking for a 1020 that has an exclusive version on vivo (from telef?nica group) that comes with 64gb.
Do you know if this version comes with any customization from vivo (or o2)? I'd hate if it comes with anything from vivo boot animation or any interface thing that appoints that I had bought it from them. I'd rather buy a 32gb version from nokia store than 64gb from vivo store if it comes with any customization... You can check some examples on how android sucked by doing that.

Thanks in advance

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an o2 64bg phone bought on Ebay and tried the online chat to get the IEMI number and was told that they wouldn't unlock it for at least 12 months even thought I have a contract and a pay as you go sim.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have an o2 64bg phone bought on Ebay and tried the online chat to get the IEMI number and was told that they wouldn't unlock it for at least 12 months even thought I have a contract and a pay as you go sim.

Strange. Maybe it depends on how you buy it. I've had several O2 phones unlocked easily including the 1020 I'm currently replying to you on.

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same experience unlocking in the past but they wouldnt bend on it at all even though been with then 7 years. Think it because it was a 64gb model and their exclusive.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same experience unlocking in the past but they wouldnt bend on it at all even though been with then 7 years. Think it because it was a 64gb model and their exclusive.

There are a few of us here with unlocked 64GB O2 exclusive phones, so that's not the reason. I'd try again and raise a complaint if necessary.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
may someone answer me, pls? :d

In the UK the 64GB O2 version has an O2 graphic on start up. It also has some O2 apps which can be uninstalled. I wouldn't worry about the start up graphic, you only see it when starting it from off. It's not worth sacrificing 32GB for.

shkshaka

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
In the UK the 64GB O2 version has an O2 graphic on start up. It also has some O2 apps which can be uninstalled. I wouldn't worry about the start up graphic, you only see it when starting it from off. It's not worth sacrificing 32GB for.

so, unlike android, I can uninstal apps that comes from the seller, in that case O2 (or vivo here in Brazil)?

I'm thinking too much, about it... 64gb is OP, but the logo on start up will be always killing me inside

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
so, unlike android, I can uninstal apps that comes from the seller, in that case O2 (or vivo here in Brazil)?

I'm thinking too much, about it... 64gb is OP, but the logo on start up will be always killing me inside

really? you could always flash it with unbranded firmware then ;-)

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Yes, you can uninstall all uunwanted apps. I really wouldn't worry about the start up logo.

shkshaka

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
really? you could always flash it with unbranded firmware then ;-)

yeah, I did... but I want something that I must just plug and it will start update, will have all support it deserves... I flashed and rooted my android (the best thing i liked in it) but, on the other hand, I couldnt update my cel from pc and should always be doing backup from my device
Yes, you can uninstall all uunwanted apps. I really wouldn't worry about the start up logo.
have you any pic or vid from the start up logo? Just for me to figure it out
You were on andoid much too long... you'll get better. :wink:
hope... feeling sick hahaha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon