Unlock Nokia 920 from Orange/EE UK

Hantuhari

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
A quick update. sim-unlock.net have now supplied me with two unlock codes for €55, do not know if they work as yet, it took 2 days. This was the 4th place I tried.

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Still no word from EE/orange (about 3 months now) for me but I got mine from fonefunshop within 10 working days and it worked fine,

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my unlock code from EE (surprise !).

They seemed to be confused themselves as to what is going on. Been calling everyday and am currently waiting for a call back from a technical team manager as my calls keep getting escalated up a new level during each interaction !

Let you know if I ever get a code or simply go to Fonefunshop like everyone else. Wish EE would just admit they are useless rather than pointlessly stringing me along day by day. Aye well !

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my unlock code from EE (surprise !).

They seemed to be confused themselves as to what is going on. Been calling everyday and am currently waiting for a call back from a technical team manager as my calls keep getting escalated up a new level during each interaction !

Let you know if I ever get a code or simply go to Fonefunshop like everyone else. Wish EE would just admit they are useless rather than pointlessly stringing me along day by day. Aye well !
Just been on the phone with orange to get my refund sorted woman said there are quite a few they are waiting for from nokia,, If I was you I would jump ship get a refund and use another site.

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
After endless phone calls with broken promises, failed call-backs and blatant lies ended up sending an email to the Chief Exec, Head of Consumer Services and anyone else I could track down listing their customer support failings as copied below.

1. It is actually 20 working days not 20 days to receive an unlock code.

2. It is actually 25 working days to receive an unlock code.

3. It is actually a month to receive an unlock code.

4. My request has been escalated FIVE times - this seems to be a favourite way to fob me off.

5. Have been passed on to THREE managers who have promised to take personal responsibility with the code being guaranteed in 24/48/72hrs with a call back if the code would not be forthcoming in that timeframe. In each instance the code has not been received and no phone call received.

6. Nokia is not co-operating.

7. The unlocking team is being re-organised and being brought in-house hence the delay.

8. The unlocking team is not part of EE so cannot be contacted by phone with the only communication being email meaning a wait is required to receive confirmation. A call back is always promised but never materialises.

THEN.... a week later having formally closed my Orange/EE account and cancelled unlock request....

An apology :confused: and promise of compensation of ?50 :amaze:

OK, better than nothing and makes me feel a little less angry. Money can be used to get the phone unlocked elsewhere.

THEN... this morning get an email with an UNLOCK CODE !!!!!!!

Its a Christmas miracle ! Ended up not having to pay to unlock and with a ?50 golden goodbye !

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow, great that you have received it.. finally!

At least it ended up with ?50 from them and the code itself. That's only what you deserve in my opinion. If you take into account your time and phone calls etc, that's the least that should happen. I hope after all this the unlock code works!

Dan Drewery

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys im new here but have been having the same problem with a Lumia 920 following winning a comp last year where i appeared in a tv advert. Nokia gave me 500 euro and i purchased the device from phones 4 u (sim free price 459.99) on the day of release (i have proof of purchase). I now own a L925 and have requested a unlock code from EE for my old L920 which has had a orange payg sim in it for more than 6 months...i have been patient up until now because like others can not understand why the process takes so long...they have now told me that the IMEI is showing a generic handset that should be able to take any network sim which is clearly not the case,this was after they told me to have ?20.45 credit ready for unlock code payment...so i am now getting conflicted info from different EE employees,some saying it can be done and wait and others saying i will not ever get one because its already generic or to go to phones 4 u and they will unlock it....phones 4 u are now saying to my face in store that THEY NEVER SELL NETWORK LOCKED PHONES which is clearly a BIG LIE...i now have a Nokia Care engineer at my local service centre looking at the case for me and he says when he types the device IMEI into the system it comes up with CARRIER LOCKED...this can be clearly seen too when comparing about info in settings from current L925 (Carrier: CV GBIE) and old L920 (Carrier: EE).

I am not prepared to get this device unlocked elsewhere for more money when EE are the ones responsible for the sim lock because of their exclusivity deal with Nokia last year which ended in January...i will keep nagging them and complaining until they give me what i want...and if you dont mind xbilly i will use your outcome to help try and resolve my problem.

THESE COMPANIES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS! :angry:

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
A) Congrats xBilly holding in there, they obviously can get the unlock codes eventually
B)Dan if you really wanna get the code from EE/orange you probably just need to badger them phone calls and emails to as high up as you can find addresses for executive.office@orange.co.uk is a good start .
Or publicly annoy them on twitter/fb and kick up a fuss

myfriend 123

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Orange / EE claim that they cannot unlock my phone despite having had a contract for the past 12 months as the phone was bought PAYG and they need the SIM that came with the phone to link it to my account :shocked:

Firstly EE are ***** (self censorship !) and there is no way they are coning me into re-signing with them.

Second and more importantly, has anyone found a reliable unlock service ? Fonefunshop seem to be the cheapest, most reliable solution I can find. Anyone have an experience with them or other vendors ?

Thanks.

Do you want to unlock your Nokia lumia 920 from orange network ? If yes, use unlcok code to unlcok it . you can get it from any of the online vendors like Classicunlocking.com to unlock it .

kayare01

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue to the one you have been experiencing. EE took my money for the unlock code and did not send me the code after 20 working days. I phoned the customer services team, but they were totally useless. I found their Chief Executive's e-mail from CEO email addresses - E-mail address database of Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and Managing Directors - free list - UK - US - Asia - customer services - customer care - boss - top man - top woman - olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk.

E-mail Olaf and explain the situation, including the poor customer service and give him a deadline - be specific with the time and date, after which you will go to OFT and OFTEL for misselling - failing to provide the goods for the service you were charged. I gave him a two day deadline from the time I sent the e-mail, and six hours before the deadline, my code had arrived. The code worked, and SIMS from other networks now work.

Give this a go and let the forum users know how you get on.

Thanks.

swannee

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 920 on ebay locked to EE. Had it unlocked in 48 hours through mobileunlocked.com. They gave excellent service and responded quickly to emails. Cost about ?40.

iHateOrange

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
bought lumia 820 and its locked to EE orange. the thing is, EE orange wont unlock my phone because i lack the requirements like an account. i told them its impossible because i got stuck here in the Philippines. but still they dont consider even im willing to pay for the fees.

anyways, can anyone help me? i can hook up somebody to give you the payments.

supersneak

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I applied to EE for my unlock code yesterday, thinking of changing network in May - so hopefully my 920 will be unlocked by then.

I will update on the success, or otherwise of the unlock process.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I applied to EE for my unlock code yesterday, thinking of changing network in May - so hopefully my 920 will be unlocked by then.

Yes, please update as I am also with EE and will be looking to unlock mine in the near future.

supersneak

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Code arrived by email this morning - will have to get a PAYG sim to test, but impressed if it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)