WiFi not switching off

Gavincol78

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Normally the WiFi would turn off when locking the phone but recently I have noticed that it hasn't been turning off, I have made sure that the settings are correct in the Advanced section of WiFi settings etc but no joy.

I am using a Orange/EE/T-Mobile UK branded and locked handset with GDR3 via MS developer work around.

I will also just say previous to this locked and branded handset I did own an unlocked/non branded handset with the same software version which did NOT have this issue (that was before my wife nicked it of me as she needed an unlocked handset)

Could this be down to the Orange/EE branding as the Nokia Amber software is a difference revision to a CV/unbranded version?

If that is the case is there anyway of debranding the L820 like I had previously managed to debrand a L800?

Gavincol78

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There is no difference from when i owned the non branded L820 to this branded L820 so could there be a bug between GDR3 and the Orange UK variant of Lumia Amber?

Gavincol78

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone must of been having some sort of hissy fit over the last couple of days because today I have had no problems with WiFi and my battery life has gone from ~15 hours to ~25 hours and being of charge for the last 15 hours it states ~11 hours left @ 65% even with Glance active on Interval setting, I did remove a couple of apps (couple of battery apps, Geo Notification (never used it so removed it) and a media hub app) so it could of been 1 of those keeping it alive and draining battery

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon