Need help to unlock AT&T Lumia 925

Harold Gutierrez

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I've been reading a lot in several Windows phone forums and realized that this forum is one of the few with a dedicated section for the Nokia Lumia 925.

I bought a new phone from eBay and I have tried calling At&t, asking supporty via chat, looking for any unlock services over internet but I didn't have any luck. Maybe my story it's not good enough with At&t (bought it full price, never been an AT&T client, need to travel, etc)

I want to request help from you guys for someone with an AT&T to call them and provide my imei to unlock it. I'm desperate and want to reach you for some extra help.

Please pm me if someone is willing to assist me. I'm more than happy to pay for some beers via PayPal as gratitude.

Thanks in advance

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You're not an AT&T customer they aren't gonna unlock it, PERIOD but you know that already
and no one can do it for you, when you ask AT&T they will ask for your telephone number and they
can check all but the last number of the IEMI and it won't match the number on the account associated with that phone number and....
you're just gonna have to find an unlock code online.
AT&T just doesn't hand them out either they are harder than T Mobile in releasing an unlock code.
Good luck in advance.

Joe Bogovics

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I understand your pain. I'm stuck in the same boat except the old owner who can unlock the phone is not returning my emails. I'm stuck too no service anywhere right now to unlock. I was told by an AT&T rep that by the 18th of Nov they are possibly going to offer unlock services to people who buy the phones from old customers and want to unlock. I'm gonna give until the 20th and see what happens and try calling again.
Good Luck and if I find something else out I will surely post it

nwhitemcse

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I know this is thread is regarding a 925, but I thought I'd share my experience with you. I bought a 920 off eBay. First, I tried the chat from the international page and told them I was traveling, they said they could unlock it and then came back and said they couldn't because it was still active on an account, they told me to call customer service. I called AT&T and told them that I bought it off eBay and it was supposed to be unlocked, they checked the lists to make sure it was not lost or stolen and unlocked it for me, he even walked me through unlocking the phone. This was about 2 or 3 months ago.

I've also read that you can have someone that has an AT&T account call and get up to 5 phones unlocked per year as long as their account is in good standing. There is also a web form for this. Unlock your AT&T wireless phone or tablet- AT&T Wireless Support 

Good Luck!

Harold Gutierrez

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll be traveling to US by end of the month. I'll try calling again and try to follow your suggestion. If not, I'll get a GoPhone number and provide that number as reference of being a customer and get involved in the process. I'll post the outcome. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon