Unlocking Lumia 1020 from AT&T vs. Rogers ? Which one to go with?

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I'm planning on finally buying a Windows Phone 8 after enjoying my unlocked Lumia 900. I read about the whole unlocking issue and the hassle it involves when doing this. I'll have mine unlocked in order to use it in T-Mobile (USA) and I know Daniel wrote about recommending getting the Rogers version over the one from at&t specifically to be use with TMO.

But I keep reading that the Rogers model won't allow Internet Sharing with T-Mobile and the thing with the at&t model is the abysmal downgrade to 2G. Both have their own cons and I'm not sure which one to choose. However the main problem comes to unlocking the device itself. AT&T changed their policy for non-customers and they keep denying unlock codes, unless you're willing to pay to a third-party. If your Rogers phone were to malfunction in the foreseeable future, Nokia Canada will not ship it back to you in the USA.

So I need some guidance and advise, which one seems to be a better deal or which you have chosen and how it's been like using your phone in another carrier.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
If you are buying it outright I would try to get a non-carrier version from an international vendor, even if it means having it shipped from EU. This is the best option if you want on time updates and if you want the phone free of carrier blocks like ATT blocking Data Sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes