Find Your Phone Feature

JC Mendiola

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Greetings!

I was just wondering about this cool new feature on smart phones which let's you locate your device if it's lost or stolen
I have a question if this requires an internet connection or does it still need the sim card to be inserted for it to work :)
Well, I already know that the phone will save it's last location where it was shutdown, but does it need internet?

Yeah, that's all

thanks!~

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think not really, as long as your phone is turned on. It is GPS activated I think, and yea, well, of course you need internet to be able to search your phone using the site :) Either you want to let it ring, lock or reset it.

Greetings!

I was just wondering about this cool new feature on smart phones which let's you locate your device if it's lost or stolen
I have a question if this requires an internet connection or does it still need the sim card to be inserted for it to work :)
Well, I already know that the phone will save it's last location where it was shutdown, but does it need internet?

Yeah, that's all

thanks!~

JC Mendiola

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I think not really, as long as your phone is turned on. It is GPS activated I think, and yea, well, of course you need internet to be able to search your phone using the site :) Either you want to let it ring, lock or reset it.

Thanks for the answer, follow up question, what if the phone gets stolen and the thief decides to do a 'reset to factory settings' on the phone, will it still be traceable even if it got formatted? :)

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If it is only a soft reset, I think not. Hard reset maybe, because all the files are going to be trashed. Anyway, if your phone got stolen, automatically do a lock using the Lock method of the site. I think doing a hard reset with the LOCK feature on the phone, can't be easily done. I think it still needs to be unlock with the proper code.

But anyway, just be careful not to get your phone stolen. Lol. Or it would be best if you're going to ERASE + Lock using the site feature.

Thanks for the answer, follow up question, what if the phone gets stolen and the thief decides to do a 'reset to factory settings' on the phone, will it still be traceable even if it got formatted? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon