Strange Lumia 1020 quirks

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So my phone died earlier and i charged it and it came back on....

For whatever reason, when the phone came on the date changed to July 19...Why idk?Of course since the date is Past, text messages don't come in. So I manually changed the date back to the current date.

An Hour later, the time just changed randomly till like 2 hours later....which kept screwing with me at first.
Anyway I changed the time back again to the right time/date.

Why does this happen? It is weird. I remember something similar happening on my Lumia 810 last year but this is the first time this has happened on my 1020 where the time/date randomly changes.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I had that too. In the end, had to turn off "setting > date+time > set automatically".

I guess it must have picked up the incorrect date/time from mobile network for some reason.

Finlay MacArthur

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
My 1020 does this as well. It drained the battery overnight, I didn't realise it had changed the time any date until my alarm failed go off the next morning.

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The one time my 1020 has crashed this happened and it took me a while before I realised and as you say things weren't working correctly, so I set it back to normal, but didn't realise I'd set the time 12 hours earlier so everything was still problematic. Seems certain software doesn't like going back in time, Skydrive for one just refused to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon