What case and screen protector did you get?

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a 1520 and wanted to start looking in to a case and screen protector. For those that have already outfitted their 1520, do you mind sharing what case and screen protector you got as well as short blurb on your thoughts? Your feedback could be of great help to me and many others. Links would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
i just ordered the pudding case from amazon,, but it looks a lot different in the amazon picture than it does in the review here on wpcentral

..guess i'll find out when it gets here

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought a screen protector from xtremeguard, actually I bought 2. it fits well enough, but the edges have me concerned because of how the glass rounds off.

I also bought 2 of the Amzer cases from their black Friday sale.

DEEBS808

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought a screen protector from xtremeguard, actually I bought 2. it fits well enough, but the edges have me concerned because of how the glass rounds off.

I also bought 2 of the Amzer cases from their black Friday sale.

Always bought Xtremeguard for my phones. I hated the feeling after installing and tried to use the liguid goo from my Zag screen protector and it worked wonderfully. Will be getting a few xtremegaurds for my !520 when it arrives

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
any updates on other purchases? I decided to keep the 1520 and now I am starting to look for cases and screen protectors, with the latter really not having many options available at all.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the Belkin folio case. It's pretty bulky, but provides very good protection and is classy looking. Will probably get another thinner case for it soon, though, as I won't want to use this one all the time.

viper_13

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

vpkb

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Incipio Feather, it is amazing quality. I decided not to put on a screen protector this time. It's hard to put a scratch on the glass. I've had my 1020 three months without one and not a single scratch.

Brian Richman

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I got a "Black Rhino Hybrid Holster Belt Clip Combo Hard Cover" from an eBay vendor for under $10. Comes with a soft rubber shell case/bumper thing that has bigger buttons to press.

There is a \hard shell with a desk stand thing, that I don't really like or use but it has a hard shell belt clip so I can slide the phone into and out of it easily. The large size of the phone means I actually clip it to my jeans pocket rather than my belt.

The screen of the phone faces inwards when it is in the belt case and is against a thin felt like pad. I'd like to have seen the pad a little bit bigger, but it's OK and no scratches so far. All in all, its a 25% of the price of the official case and works better for me.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had a few cases so far, here are my thoughts:

Belkin Folio: I was completely sold on this case for a few days. Really nice build quality, protects the phone well. But the bulk eventually got to me, and I returned it. If you don't mind the size, I think it's the best case available.

Incipio Feather: Very nice looking case. It doesn't protect the camera at all, which is a big negative for me.

Nokia Official: Not nearly as flimsy in person as it is on video. I was quite concerned about the cover flopping around, but it really doesn't that much. I'd still like it if it were magnetized. For some reason the back is covered with smudges that are very difficult to remove.

Amzer Pudding Case: I love this case. I'm not crazy about the glossy black look on the sides; I think it makes it look cheap. I would also prefer that the buttons not be covered, as I feel the covers make the buttons mushy after time. However, it protects the phone and camera from normal wear and tear, and doesn't add much bulk, which is what I want in a case. The price is great as well.

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the Amzer Pudding black case is much better then the white version in my opinion, and I have both.

Especially with a yellow phone!

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a "Black Rhino Hybrid Holster Belt Clip Combo Hard Cover" from an eBay vendor for under $10. Comes with a soft rubber shell case/bumper thing that has bigger buttons to press.

There is a \hard shell with a desk stand thing, that I don't really like or use but it has a hard shell belt clip so I can slide the phone into and out of it easily. The large size of the phone means I actually clip it to my jeans pocket rather than my belt.

The screen of the phone faces inwards when it is in the belt case and is against a thin felt like pad. I'd like to have seen the pad a little bit bigger, but it's OK and no scratches so far. All in all, its a 25% of the price of the official case and works better for me.

This sounds interesting. Do you have any pics of the case you can share?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes