520 SIM Card Question

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I did a search but didn't find the answer...my folks have two Pantech phones still under contract...they've asked me several times if they could get a couple Nokia 520 phones and I told them these were pre-paid Go Phone's only. I am pretty sure that is correct or is there a way to use these with an existing AT&T account?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I did a search but didn't find the answer...my folks have two Pantech phones still under contract...they've asked me several times if they could get a couple Nokia 520 phones and I told them these were pre-paid Go Phone's only. I am pretty sure that is correct or is there a way to use these with an existing AT&T account?

you can use them either way, you might even be able to just swap sim cards depending on the type of sim cards in their old phones

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Most Pantech phones have the regular sim, not the micro sim that the 520 uses. The go phone 520 comes with a go phone sim; but you cannot use it with a plan you already have. But you can get a micro sim from AT&T and use it in the 520's on a contract plan (family or otherwise). I took the micro sim out of my 820 and put it in the 520 I just bought to see if it works and it does.If the two Pantech's you have use the micro sim you can take them out; put them in the 520's and go, no activation necessary. IF you have to get a new sim from AT&T then it will have to be activated; but it will work on the plan they already have.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
To clarify " but you cannot use it with a plan you already have " means the SIM card, not the phone, the phone can be used on your current plan as long as you have a compatible SIM card which att will give/sell you if need be

estabien

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
In addition to the other comments, it is possible to cut a "regular" sim card (very carefully) into a microSIM. I did that with my CONTRACT at&t sim and while looking kinda, erm, bad, it works perfectly in both my at&t Note II and my GoPhone Nokia Lumia 520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes