HELPFUL 1520 TIPS POST (AKA) Betcha didnt know that the 1520 could...

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

S]L
et's start a post of helpful tips or / and new discoveries using our SuperPhone .
[/S]WP_20131207_13_18_06_Raw20131207131919.jpgWP_20131207_13_18_06_Raw20131207131919.jpg
Example: NOKIA 1520 & STYLUS

Due to the super sensitive touch screen , you CAN use a stylus to navigate .
A few years ago ,I placed an order for a screen protector . The eBay Seller threw in two 4 inch , rubber tipped styluses. Instead of tossing them I held on to them.

Low and Behold I tried them out on the Nokia 1520 and to my amazement the rubber tipped stylus worked like a charm. It allows me to :

• Scroll

• Navigate
  • Select
  • Type

I have a fiber necklace ( used for an old MP3 player) that hangs around my neck. The Stylus is always nearby. I will try to post a picture of the stylus in the near future

note: The Stylus has a flat , tilted rubber tip and may take some getting use to the amount of pressure , but it works great. I 'm sure the next Generation will come with a stylus:smile:

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to put this down or anything but I'm pretty sure that's a capacitive stylus. i.e. a stylus designed to work on touch screens so it's not really a surprise it works as intended...

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to put this down or anything but I'm pretty sure that's a capacitive stylus. i.e. a stylus designed to work on touch screens so it's not really a surprise it works as intended...

I agree with this. I thought I was actually going to learn something....

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
The stylus has an electric-conduction element that mimics our fingertips. This has to work with the Nokia Lumia 1520.

I thought this was going to be a way to make the camera better with system file settings or a way to unlock it using a flashing method etc...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lets be nice to the OP. There might be people who aren't familiar with how a stylus works or the different types of styli, so this information is useful to them. Not everyone who is a member of the forums is an expert, and even those of us who are experts were brand new at one time and had to learn what we know.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Lets be nice to the OP. There might be people who aren't familiar with how a stylus works or the different types of styli, so this information is useful to them. Not everyone who is a member of the forums is an expert, and even those of us who are experts were brand new at one time and had to learn what we know.

Thank you Laura for putting the focus back on my attempt to help. I'm always amazed at how condescending some people can be and totally disregard someone's attempt at helping. The post is open to anyone with a HELPFULL idea. So I expect to see a response from the " More experienced" stylus devotee

P.S. Its NOT" CAPTIVE " . If it is it sure didn't work on my FOCUS.,TITAN. INSPIRE. NOKIA 920 , TILT l or ll or GALAXEY NOTE ll ( all that I've owned)

Thank you Laura for your having manners , Happy Holiday to you and your family

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Just tried it with a knife and it works.

2JlAz4j.jpg

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
KoukiFC3,

Ha ha ha Good one ! LMAO!!!! Now see I can appreciate good humor. My drill didn't work .Its gotta have a rubber tip ( smile)

Hawkhe

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why this phone doesn't have a digitizer especially since freshpaint is a very good drawing app.

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
They should make a qi charger case with a side slot for a stylus. Preferrably cyan color. Would look cool and we can use the nokia chargers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon