It is done....it is ordered....it arrives tomorrow :-)

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Vodafone UK seem to have the best deal available right now for the 1520. ?34 a month on a two year contract gets you a free 1520, unlimited minutes and texts and 6GB of data on the 4G network. At a glance that seems to stack up well against the other deals out there.

Damn, I can't wait for tomorrow. From lumia 800 to 1520 is gonna be a totally new user experience from a hardware and software perspective.

Now shaddup and let me sleep so tomorrow will get here faster :winktongue:

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow. That's an awesome deal. Here in the US, I pay ~$110/month for unlimited talk and text with 4GB of data, on a 2 year plan, of course.

igorhk

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy it then, got mine 2 days ago, great phone. The display is fantastic, the camera so so. I had a720 before, the 1520 takes better pictures but not amazingly better.
However as a phone, it's perfect. I have small hands and the size is no problem for me.

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
How have you managed to get that deal?! Are you an existing/business customer because the only ?34 ppm plan I see is only 300 minutes, 250mb of 3G data and you still have to pay ?229 for the phone, that's a fantastic deal.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jcowley......basically, my Vodafone contract was due to expire in January.

I first took a look at mobiles.co.uk they had a few really decent 1520 deals with Vodafone (free phone, unlimited minutes and texts, 8GB 4G for ?43 a month).

I then went onto the Vodafone website to see if they could better it. Initially they couldn't. In fact, the online chat rep said it was gonna cost me ?52 a month for 8GB 4G with unlimited minutes.......PLUS I'd have to make an upfront payment of ?79 for the handset.

I asked if that was the best he could offer and he came back a few minutes later with this (actual transcript):

You: I'm looking at the lumia 1520 and would be interested in a contract with unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and a decent chuck of 4g data allowance
Mohammed: Right okay let me have a look at that for you.
Mohammed: Well we have a package of unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 8gb of data for ?52 a month with a handset charge of ?79.
Mohammed: You will also get sky sports or spotify free for 24 months.
You: Do you have any deals that offer a free handset?
Mohammed: Well according to the website there is no free handset on the 4g deals but if you bear with me one moment I'll see what I can do for you.
Mohammed: Well good news we can offer unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 6gb of data for ?34 a month with a free handset.
You: Cool, is that on the 4g network?
Mohammed: That's correct it is on a 4g plan.
Mohammed: We have 6 1520 available at the moment so they are in demand.
Mohammed: Would you like me to get that set up for you now.
You: so....no other hidden costs....?34 a month. Does the include or exclude VAT?
Mohammed: It is includes Vat that's correct.
You: cool, lets do it.
You: How long will it take to arrive?
Mohammed: There will be only a delivery charge of ?4.95 and that's it.
Mohammed: I'll get the details up for you now.
You: One last thing, is it possible to have the handset in white?
Mohammed: No we only have black.
Mohammed: The handset will arrive on the 11/12/13.
You: Ok, no worries, lets go ahead with the black one
Mohammed: Great I'll get the terms ready for you now please be patient thanks.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey explosive...yeah, I hear you. My sister lives in penn. She's stunned at the differences in mobile costs between the USA and the UK.

Problem with the UK; the mobile contracts might be cheap but everything else if stupidly expensive. Try ?1.30 for a litre of petrol. That's ?5.20 for a Gallon........about $10

Its swings and roundabouts :eek:rly:

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Disclaimer: I'm not an existing Vodafone customer

I just spent half an hour on their online chat trying to get this deal to no avail. They even went as far as telling me there is no online sales person with the name Mohammed so it seems like you got lucky :)

Enjoy your 1520! I just want somebody to release it sim free :(

conair346

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Tweet @vodafoneukdeals they do some awesome deals. I've got my family and a lot of colleagues and mates to switch. Amanda is the best but Ian is quite good at hashing something out with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon