"Focus Light Only" option missing

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this a while back and now decided it's time to ask the community...am I missing a config option on my 1020? Or did an update screw me out of options?

It used to be that when I'd cycle through my flash options, "focus light only" was one of them; now it no longer is...now I only get "auto", "off" and "on". I'm still using the Nokia Camera app but the options are no longer what they were on release day (probably changed a couple of months after that). It took really nice pix when in-use (better than Auto or On). Any insight from my 1020 peeps?

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Just set to off and make sure autofocus light is on in settings.

k, feeling quite n00bish right now...(well, cuz I am...)

I turned the flash to "off" in the Nokia Camera app and went into the ellipsis for the camera and selected Settings. The first option is "Focus assist light" and I set it to Auto (only two other options: "Set by flash" and "Always off"). Is that what you're referring to? Don't see any other options but maybe I'm not supposed to...thnx again for your help!

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Auto is good. You only need it to focus in improper lighting. If you have sufficient light it will act as the assist light.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this a while back and now decided it's time to ask the community...am I missing a config option on my 1020? Or did an update screw me out of options?

It used to be that when I'd cycle through my flash options, "focus light only" was one of them; now it no longer is...now I only get "auto", "off" and "on". I'm still using the Nokia Camera app but the options are no longer what they were on release day (probably changed a couple of months after that). It took really nice pix when in-use (better than Auto or On). Any insight from my 1020 peeps?

They added the setting back in the Nokia Camera Beta!!!! :D man I missed that feature focusing lights are blindingly annoying sometimes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes