From 1020 to 1520 am I missing anything?

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Currently using the Lumia 1020 however decided to give the 1520 a whirl so that arrives tomorrow.

Trying to make sure I lose as little of the conveniences I have grown used to with the 1020 as possible so can anyone think of anything I have missed?

Already purchased and received

Incipio PMA charging case and the Duracell Powermat (I have 5 of the QI Lumia 1020 charging pads but for now just going with one PMA charger until I decide if I am going to stick with it or switch back)

64Gb micro SD card

Aduro U-GRIP PLUS (I currently have the Nokia CR-200 charger and I love it and am hoping the 1520 fits in it even if it doesn't charge, I have a USB cable that I can use to charge it if it fits in the cradle, anyone know if the1520 will fit? I tried just the case and it seems like its going to be close and that one of the grips may hit the camera button so I ordered the Aduro just in case)

Am I missing anything?

Also, the 1520 uses the nano SIM card correct? So I will not be able to use the SIM from my 1020 I will have to use the new SIM that they are sending with the phone correct? if that is correct, if I then decide to switch back to the 1020 I will have to get an adapter or call ATT and have them switch SIM card back? Actually that brings up one more question, am I going to have to call ATT when I get the phone tomorrow to activate the SIM or does it come already activated? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

sbps1

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes the 1520 uses a nano sim. It should come with a new sim and you will have to get AT&T to activate the new sim for you.

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Something to bear in mind is that if you activate the new nano sim, you won't be able to reactivate the sim in your 1020. You'll need to get an adapter for the 1020 if you intend to swap back and forth between the devices.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Something to bear in mind is that if you activate the new nano sim, you won't be able to reactivate the sim in your 1020. You'll need to get an adapter for the 1020 if you intend to swap back and forth between the devices.

That's where I'm at with my 1520 and LG G2.I hope this is the last time they shrink the SIM!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not even entirely sure why the switch from micro SIM to nano SIM took place. The size difference is miniscule. Such is life I suppose. I doubt it's the last SIM change we see.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
So far only few phones use the nano. IPhones 5s and 5c and Lumia 1520. There may be others but I'm not aware of any.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not even entirely sure why the switch from micro SIM to nano SIM took place. The size difference is miniscule. Such is life I suppose. I doubt it's the last SIM change we see.

Apple and Nokia fought it out last year regarding the new sim design. Some European commission that oversees this kind of stuff eventually chose Apple's design over Nokia's and all GSM carriers adopted it.

New smaller SIM format gets standardized, shrinks 40 percent (update: Nokia gives bitter OK)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2