WiFi and call issues since Amber

mrwedders

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I bought my 620 refurbished in about May, and it was great! It developed a small hardware problem (loose power button) but I fixed that myself - software issues are something else!

Around the time the Amber update appeared in August I started seeing problems. The main issue is with my WiFi: to connect to any network I have to go and toggle airplane mode on and off, and if the screen goes off for more than a minute or two I have to do this again. My other major problem is with phone calls: If someone calls me, the screen is sometimes reluctant to turn back on to let me end the call - which is annoying, but not terrible - however if I call out the screen then will NOT come back on, it will flash on for a nanosecond and then go off again. Every time I call out I have to take the battery out of my phone to make it hang up.

I have since updated my phone to GDR3 via the developer program and got a couple of additional small updates the other day, but all these issues persist.

Anyone have any knowledge to lay on me about this? Might a factory reset help? And if so is there any way to backup my app data?

Thanks all,
-- mrw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon