Sizzle\noise and click sounds out from the speaker?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Anyone noticed of strange noise and clicks sounds from speaker? You can test by turning silent mode, then put your phone near ear and press power button to unlock or lock phone.
Does not look like HW problem, could be a software related.

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine does this as well. It's a 100% occurrence when the volume is at 30/30 and I turn the screen off too. There is a small hiss and then a quiet pop.

davidmarco#CB

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I hear the sound after you unlock the phone, or transfer songs cuano the lock. You hear especially if we put the phone in silent mode. He hears a "PLOP", as if the speaker is activated ...

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have observed this not only in the speaker but with my bluetooth headset as well.. both while connected to the phone and the comp... I feel that whenever a sound is expected, the speaker comes alive.. rest of the time its more like on standby.. may be feature to save power..

davidmarco#CB

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
this is very strange ..... Right now a Lumia 1020 they have forsaken me, the same thing happens but less listening ....
I think it must be some software ....
Please someone else to tell us if the same thing happens ....

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
1520 here, have popping sound.....kind of crappy

I wish they would fix this, as I think it is the same root problem that happens when you have headphones or speakers plugged into the jack but no music playing and a notification comes in, it pops and sounds like garbage........

Forgot to add, my 920 did this also

Last edited:

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Anyone noticed of strange noise and clicks sounds from speaker? You can test by turning silent mode, then put your phone near ear and press power button to unlock or lock phone.
Does not look like HW problem, could be a software related.

I've had three 1520s now and all did that. I also noticed it on the 1020 and some users say they hear it in the HTC 8x as well. Seems to be a WP8 thing.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had three 1520s now and all did that. I also noticed it on the 1020 and some users say they hear it in the HTC 8x as well. Seems to be a WP8 thing.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it is a wp8 thing

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
On my original 1520 that I bought on release day, I noticed this issue on my first boot-up once I got home from the AT&T. I immediately did a hard reset and the issue for me was resolved. Since then, I've returned that phone and another due to the screen sensitivity issue. I'm currently on my third...a white 1520. The cracking speaker issue has not occurred with this one yet.

davidmarco#CB

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had 4 units and all have the same problem. It may be for the speaker type.
In two other 1020 I have seen the same problem. Instead a 925 I have not seen the same problem.
I no longer that can be ...
Someone give me some idea??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes