Nokia Cam issue after BLACK Update

sockensuppe

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

I've made the Black Update today. And the Nokia Cam update. App opens, it focus and when I hit the Shutter Button is crashes - Both, Display and mechanical Camera Button. I've deinstalled the App, reboots the Phone and reinstall from Store. Issue still exists. Any solution?

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you reset the phone:

This is a common issue caused to nearly every phone.. Android, WP8 and iPhone when youve installed a major firmware and software overhaul and you dont do a full reset.

When you install a new OS.. remains of the old OS can left in the system/ hard drive cache.. also the phone itself works and runs differently.. so you are in effect trying to run the new os with parts of the old still installed. Also there will be Firmware (hardware) updates.. which are only fully functional on a fresh install and reset

1) Back all your phone up / 2) remove sim card / 3) check and install firmware updates.. there may be 2 or 3 updates so keep checking after every reboot until its says "your phone is uptodate.
4) Goto Settings > About > Reset your device.

Once your phone is back trhe way it was.. contacts / sms/ settings.. again Reboot the phone, to allow apps to register properly.

Hope that helps.

sockensuppe

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
This is strange. After hard reset, setting Phone up as new, all apps & settings fresh install, every thing works fine. But after I've tried Nokia Panorama, it takes about 1-2 minutes to open (!), Nokia camera crashes again! That's it. I buy Pro Shot

sockensuppe

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Update. After another hard reset & set up as new, my Lumia works great for 1 day. Suddenly my IE hangs - must quit it over the task manager. After that trying to open Nokia cam fails - display went black. It takes 2 minutes to came back. After a reboot, ALL Nokia photo apps (refocus, panorama, Nokia cam, Nokia cam beta) stop working - all are crashing! The light of the soft buttons is gone! (came back after a soft reset)
This really sucks! After Black I had to make 4 hard resets. Is it because I have the GDR3 developer preview on the phone? Can I step back to amber? Any ideas? For me, the Black update is a mess. Am I alone with this strange phone behavior?

Last edited:

sockensuppe

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
The story goes on. After that I flash Amber back on my phone. Making all updates aaaannnd: Nokia Cam crashes! No lights behind the Soft buttons, camera and photo rotation gone.
I'm a SP for Apple Care in Germany. I know what Software can make with Hardware (iPhone 4s "WiFi greyed out"). Today I ordered a express repair for my 925. I think they have to replace it. Hopefully it came back with Amber!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You know that once you install the Preview, Nokia Care won't have to help out. Hopefully they can take care of you, but don't hold your breath.

sockensuppe

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Luckily I have two years guarantee here in Germany. GDR3 has nothing to do with opening the Camera App and as a result from this -> non working Magnetometer, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and ambient light sensor. The phone is 2 weeks old, no physical damage or liquid contact. It look's like brand new. They can try to say no. But only try! I look hopefully in the future;-)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon