ATT vs. Verizon

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you didn't post anything that supports this statement. I've traveled a fair bit around lower New England and there is at&t LTE service all over the place. I've never had any problems with call quality. I can't say which is better across the entire United States... and neither can most people. I think the idea of getting a 520 and trying it out in a bunch of places you actually go is the best idea. I wouldn't give up unlimited data based on a few stories on the internet.

I'll support his statement. I'm a truck driver and stay basically on the east coast. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that coverage comparison is not even close. There are many places where I get verizon LTE and could barely get any service at all with ATT. If you get a strong LTE signal with both, chances are it'll be faster on ATT.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

David Fleetwood

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll support his statement. I'm a truck driver and stay basically on the east coast. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that coverage comparison is not even close. There are many places where I get verizon LTE and could barely get any service at all with ATT. If you get a strong LTE signal with both, chances are it'll be faster on ATT.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't make the drive routinely, but I have gone across the country west to east and back four times in the past four years in my Jeep. A couple times I had someone with AT&T with me. It was no contest, for huge portions of the trip AT&T had no signal at all, while on VZ I have only two locations on I90 where I could not get service. I also did the trip on Hwy 2 once, there are a few holes in coverage in the Rockies, otherwise its a strong signal all the way across.

That said if you are not a road tripper, this really does not matter much.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you didn't post anything that supports this statement. I've traveled a fair bit around lower New England and there is at&t LTE service all over the place. I've never had any problems with call quality. I can't say which is better across the entire United States... and neither can most people. I think the idea of getting a 520 and trying it out in a bunch of places you actually go is the best idea. I wouldn't give up unlimited data based on a few stories on the internet.

Numerous friends, family members, and well known forum posters have all said the same thing. Also, knowing where AT&T and VZW have built their networks, as well as their backgrounds (such as knowing VZW picked up Alltel - whom I had when the merger hit - and knowing why). The evidence is ample and plenty...and well known. T-Mobile is also strong in most cities, but tends to be weak outside of them (they vary quite widely from my experience). Posters who followed your post also see the same. Is AT&T catching up? In many areas it appears they are getting a good bit better, but VZW had a huge lead being able to cover the boonies. It's just simple fact.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Was on AT&T for many moons and many phones. Traveling all over US and Canada mostly, out of Georgia. Every month was a billing issue. Spotty coverage, which is likely less bad now. What sealed the deal for me was when I was elk hunting in Idaho with a buddy and we're on a mountain. He calls his wife (Verizon). So I try on my uberspendy corporate phone and plan (AT&T) to call my lovely bride. Who's sitting next to his wife at camp. I had to borrow his phone to talk to her. Switched the next week. Since 2000, zero billing fubars. Our son and his wife just switched from T-Mobile to Verizon when I had LTE and they had 2G. I get 50-plus mb download on LTE, but typically use WiFi anyhow. I for one am a fan of VZW over AT&T. better support, fewer (no) billing issues, and MUCH better coverage without having to get unlocked. My 928 was flawless in China, Thailand, Japan, Ireland and US.

bradm77

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
A & B depends solely on geography.

C is AT&T all the way, hands down! I had a 928 and, up until November 2013, had been a VZW customer for over ten years. ****-poo customer service and billing screw-ups were just part of life with Big Red. So far, so good with AT&T plus I get a carrier that actually SUPPORTS WINDOWS PHONE.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
AT&T usually has a better selection of phones than Verizon period, not just Windows Phone. I think Verizon supports their Windows Phones better though. Coverage and speed are dependent on your location, but I don't think there is a huge gap in coverage area for most people.

Nakia Johnson1

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Me personally i am with at&t i was with verizon wireless. Their service is good so its really up to you with which carrier is best for you. Best wishes to you.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes