Live Tiles not updating

ChefFabrizio

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have not yet gotten the Nokia Black update, but have noticed over the last 2 months that tiles just stop working. Cal, simple Calendar, Bing Weather, Weather Channel, Facebook, Twitter, Medoh, pretty much any app that isn't built in. So the phone app shows missed calls or voicemail, same for email, but few others update any longer.

Anyone have this problem, or better yet, have a Solution?

Thanks Fred

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have not yet gotten the Nokia Black update, but have noticed over the last 2 months that tiles just stop working. Cal, simple Calendar, Bing Weather, Weather Channel, Facebook, Twitter, Medoh, pretty much any app that isn't built in. So the phone app shows missed calls or voicemail, same for email, but few others update any longer.

Anyone have this problem, or better yet, have a Solution?

Thanks Fred

I had this problem when I updated to Amber in my 920. Nothing would ever update. Then when I got GDR3 preview it fixed whatever the issue was. Try deleting up app at a time to see if it'll fix on its own. I would suggest the simple calendar first. Good luck.

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had (have?) this issue periodically. It usually occurs for me after an update to an app and makes My Commute and weather app stop updating. Somewhere I read to just turn it off (NOT reboot - just hold power and slide down to turn it off) and on again and it "resets it". So far, its annoying to have to periodically do that, but it works for me.

Tathagata Banerjee

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I got the Black update a couple of week ago. Previously things were alright. But post the update I see Live tiles for apps like Battery, Bing Weather, Bing News and few more are updating at all. Tried to unpin and re-pin the tiles but to no use. Restarting also does not seem to have any effect as such. Any pointers anybody? Does the apps need an update or I need to tweak anything at my phone's end. Pls advice.

anselmo4

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem like you guys. I tried everything except the hard reset. The only thing that worked is uninstalling unuseful apps that were running in the background. I read here in the forum that you need to uninstall that app or that app in order to work. But I just had an uninstalling spree. I think I deleted about 5-6 of them. In the settings menu where it shows how many apps CAN run in the background I have now about 9-10. And I am trying to keep this limit so my tiles behave normally

ChefFabrizio

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have tried it all. Uninstalling, reboot, soft reset, blocking and reenabling a program. Nothing works. If live tiles don't work, what is the point of an PS, that uses live tiles? I rarely use my phone now, I hate looking at broken tiles, and if I have to open a program to see weather content, well I just use my windows7 notebook. I used to love my 925. Now I hate it.

Tathagata Banerjee

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I used to love my 925. Now I hate it.
Have you updated to Black yet? If not pls do that and then may be uninstall and reinstall all problematic apps one by one. That way you maybe able to identify the 'one' app responsible. In my case I could find that the issue is associated with NDTV app. Disabled the live tiles for the said app, gave the phone a couple of hours and everything started working fine. Today checked on the NDTV app again and found that the app has started working fine with live tiles on. I am no expert in Windows phone but just sharing my experience hoping it helps you save your investment of a phone like 925. Hoping for the best.

ChefFabrizio

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but... no black yet for tmobile in USA yet. And with well over 40 installed programs mot keen on uninstalling them and reinstalling them. easier to hard reset. Tired of wp8 not working. Another MS misfire. Just work, how hard is that? Why submit app for testing if they break live tile updating? What are they testing them for?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon