L920 jailbreak coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatsup67

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
What ***** would break a perfectly good operating system that works flawlessly.seriously guys get a life and leave a good thing alone.it doesn't need breaking or tweaking.

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What ***** would break a perfectly good operating system that works flawlessly.seriously guys get a life and leave a good thing alone.it doesn't need breaking or tweaking.

You are right, it doesn't need breaking or tweaking but the curiosity of man cannot even leave perfect things alone. This curiosity derives the motivation to strive for excellence. If I could do it then I would be the first one to play with its internal workings :)

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Well if I can turn off startup items, disable app in task manager, and to be able to clean junk files of the OS then jail breaking is worth trying. But as of now, no need yo jailbreak

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Jail breaking means you can edit registry,roots, & all installed apps you can reach over all installed apps and folders and much more every thing is there in the jailbreak you can rename the videos rename the pictures and even your Bluetooth is off you can share you photos & videos directly Bluetooth on and video songs sharing even much more just jail breaking is not a name jail breaking means some thing different!!! & you can make 3 desktop columns & alive signals bar,battery icon,stable,Bluetooth....

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's pointless, there's no reason to jailbreak

Exactly, I would jail break just to get 3 columns, and custom tile colors... Like I did with WP7. As some people don't think there is a need, great, that is your choice but do you really need to troll this thread with those type of comments ??? If it's released, DONT USE IT. No need for the comments like that.

Personally, I would welcome a Jail break for WP, as there are things that WP cant do and a Unlock opens a lot of doors for 3rd parties to fix them.. Once WP is cracked open, JUST WATCH all the cool crap you can do, look over the WP7 areas over at XDA, very cool stuff...and it could be better with WP8..

Still the fact of the matter is, there is another thread on this subject, there has been NO UPDATES from the notice about it and even some experts over at XDA thinks it's a hack where you need a custom chip programmer and to pull your phone apart to apply it to a chip.

So, as of right now, it's BS and just a rumor, nothing more, and even if it was something having to rip my phone apart, I would not touch it and most people wouldn't...

I would almost write this one off as forget it and it wont happen...

Last edited:

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
From my WP7 jailbreak experience, there are definitely some cool things that come with a jailbreak. Root access for 3rd party apps is risky, but when used with care, can open up a whole new window of opportunities. It'd be cool to have a jailbreak for WP8, but I don't think it's going to be as easy as WP7. IIRC there are some extra things that MS did to WP8, such as a secure bootloader. Of course, nothing's ever going to be truly "impossible," but it might prove to be difficult.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
From a country where I belong people see jailbreak differently. Its one easy way to get away with piracy. With unlocked phones, people can easily deploy apps on their devices without purchasing which is bad for both the developers and the growing platform itself. Once devs get a stable platform and a steady user base, they can concentrate on more "free" apps for ex. I know this because I work in the gaming industry and my company has just started recognizing the platform if not in equal terms as Android and iOS. I see a lot of people who can afford an iphone, but won't spend a penny on apps. They would rather pay someone and get the device jailbreaked and side load apps on it.(India is one of the countries where iphones are still overpriced)

So far I'm happy there is no jailbreaking possible for WP8 and as far as the authenticity of the video goes, its debatable. Yes it would be nice to have a third column and so on. But sometimes not every device is meant to do everything. I don't know if it will be possible to get a third column in my 720 with a res of 480x800. But it wouldn't be very pretty if it had a third column. I still cant play temple run 2 on my 720. But I can play it in my dev unlocked 920. So I can't really complain. And I'm totally against the notion of jailbreaking. If at all you want to tweak apps, get a developer account.

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreak has been available for WP8 for some time now on the ATIV S. With jailbreak i've been able to:
  • Enable 3 Columns Start Screen, honestly made the start screen that much better.
  • Switch the Search Key to open the Google Search app instead of Bing.
  • Installed a patched but working version of Official YouTube client from MS.
  • Enable Big Screen Mode
  • Change the Boot Screen.
  • Enabled Native File Explorer.
  • Install Nokia Exclusive apps.
  • CUSTOM TONES FOR EVERY SINGLE NOTIFICATION (ala WinMo 6.5)
  • Allowed me to install GDR2+3 and bypass carrier approval.

None of these changes have decreased the stability of the os. it's still just as secure as before. Jailbreak will not allow the piracy of apps, as all XAP installers from the WindowsPhone Marketplace are signed. You cannot push signed XAP's to Windows Phone. As far as i am aware there is no 3rd party respository for WP apps, so Piracy is still a non issue.

I do not understand why so many are against jailbreaking. It does not reduce the integrity of the product but enhances it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreak has been available for WP8 for some time now on the ATIV S. With jailbreak i've been able to:
  • Enable 3 Columns Start Screen, honestly made the start screen that much better.
  • Switch the Search Key to open the Google Search app instead of Bing.
  • Installed a patched but working version of Official YouTube client from MS.
  • Enable Big Screen Mode
  • Change the Boot Screen.
  • Enabled Native File Explorer.
  • Install Nokia Exclusive apps.
  • CUSTOM TONES FOR EVERY SINGLE NOTIFICATION (ala WinMo 6.5)
  • Allowed me to install GDR2+3 and bypass carrier approval.

None of these changes have decreased the stability of the os. it's still just as secure as before. Jailbreak will not allow the piracy of apps, as all XAP installers from the WindowsPhone Marketplace are signed. You cannot push signed XAP's to Windows Phone. As far as i am aware there is no 3rd party respository for WP apps, so Piracy is still a non issue.

I do not understand why so many are against jailbreaking. It does not reduce the integrity of the product but enhances it.

Hackers found away around the marketplace encryption. They take a rooted phone(thanks for the ATIV-S for this), install the app, then pull it from their phone into a XAP and upload it... Never done it, I was just wondering how WP8 apps were floating around a site....so I did some homework...

There is a lot of cool stuff you can do but, piracy is there, you cant have one with out the other.

This thread should be closed, There is the SAME EXACT thread in the Windows Phone 8 area about a 920 hack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon