Songs sometimes not play over bluetooth

Kyle Long

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a wp8 issue, or just the 928. I've tried to use my phone on a Bluetooth car stereo and a Bluetooth sound bar. I'm using Xbox music with a mix of personally owned songs and songs gathered through the Xbox music service. With both scenarios my phone will connect and play very nicely, but after a few songs, a new song will just play to the 4 second mark with no sound and reset to 0 seconds over and over. Sometimes I can skip a few songs and it will start playing again, but it will hit another song that just gets stuck again. It doesn't seem to matter if it is my own purchased songs, or Xbox music songs.

As far as I've noticed it doesn't seem to be any particular songs. I can turn Bluetooth off and the same song will play, or I can restart my phone and the same song will play through Bluetooth.

My friends galaxy s3 plays just fine on my car stereo through Bluetooth without songs getting stuck. Also since my phone has the same exact problem on two different Bluetooth devices, I'm assuming the problem lies in my phone, not the Bluetooth device.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and is there anyway to fix this? Let me know if I need to give any more information or if I wasn't clear enough. Thanks!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is it only the same particular songs that get stuck, or is it something random that happens with different songs each time?

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a 928 bug. Mine did that until I installed gdr3 preview, then it started doing something way worse. It plays perfectly but at a whisper volume level. I have to turn my two stereo's up to max to hear anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck