Retrieving Contacts Without Touch Screen Functionality

simo18

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi community,
My phone's glass broke and I needed a new touch screen digitizer. I bought one off ebay and followed that tutorial that everyone loves: Nokia Lumia 620 Disassembly & Assembly - Digitizer Touch Screen & Display Replacement - YouTube . Here's what's going on:

First screen purchased off ebay didn't work. I told the seller on ebay (China) and the seller said they tested it before shipping and it was fine. Positive feedback = full refund and I didn't have to ship it back.

Purchased another Lumia 620 after 4 months of no phone (so now I have two: a broken one with all my contacts not on SIM card, and a new one with no contacts that is fully functional.)

Thought I could transfer files, but I had bluetooth shut off on the old phone. Can't change setting b/c touch screen won't work. Brought it in to a store, they couldn't do it. Suggested I retrieve contacts from old phone through syncing to live account, but no way to do this.

I thought, "If I just buy another touch screen, I'll get my old phone functional again and have a back up as well as be able to retrieve my contacts and put them on the new phone." Got it, installed it, doesn't work. (And the damn thing's double sided tape is not working so it just pops right up).

So this is still where I'm at: I tried downloading the most recent version of Nokia Care Suite (5.0.0 (2013.49.3)), and tried to follow the instructions from the link at the top of this post, but I haven't been able to. I've hit errors of all kinds. Maybe I shouldn't be "flashing" the ROM anyway since I'll lose all my contacts. What do I know?! Heck, I don't know how to use all this software anyway.

All I want is to retrieve contacts from a phone that has no touch functionality. Is that impossible? Can someone keep my brain from exploding?!

Thanks in advance.
Simo

anon5351951

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They should be automatically tied to the Microsoft account you set up your phone with. Or did you not use a Microsoft account? I thought it was compulsory.

simo18

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Ekalb, I didn't set up a Microsoft account. I wasn't going to be using the phone for data in any way and I didn't want Microsoft knowing anything about me or my habits. I have found the cost to this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes