Date/Time Won't Update?

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 yesterday, I charged it up then set it up, then charged the battery overnight. I switched it on this morning and the date hadn't updated. It was still showing yesterday's date.

My partner also bought a Nokia Lumia 520 and the date on her phone updated but the time didn't.

Has anybody had this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Automatic date and time is determined by your carrier and has nothing to do with WP.

Interesting, had no idea it's carrier dependent, but it explains why it's not working just like everything else ATT touches.

I had issues with the automatic time as well on my ATT 1020, I just got fed up with it always being incorrect so I switched it to manual time and had no issues since.

Sooner Al

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not on AT&T. I'm in the UK using the 3UK network and the phone was bought simfree.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The problem maybe that 3UK does not support NITZ.

NITZ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was a recent thread on the MSFT Windows Phone 8 forum about a similar issue with another carrier. Your only recourse maybe to manually set the clock if you ever need to reset the device again or change carriers...

Windows Phone 8 NTP - No option to Set Time Automatically - Microsoft Community

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Think I've solved it. Because the phone charges switched on I put it into airplane mode then went to bed so the phone wouldn't disturb me. I woke up a little while later and took the phone off charge when it had finished, took it off airplane mode and connected it back on the network, I then switched it off and went back to sleep woke up later on and switched it back on. It was then I discovered the problem.

Last night I charged it before I went to bed and at midnight the day changed as it should have.

Most phones I've had charge switched off apart from an iPhone 3GS, Nokia Lumia 710/520.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon